S2C Forum Archives

Advanced search  

News:

Our new forum is open for business:-  New Forum
To use the new forum you will need to re-register.

Please don't post anything on this forum.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Weekend in London  (Read 1344 times)

Downeast

Weekend in London
« on: October 31, 2019, 01:35:01 AM »

Greetings!  I’ll be crossing the pond & visiting London this weekend and wondering if there’s a pub meet in close proximity on Saturday or any recommendations for Series2 related activities/sights nearby.  I will not have a car so I’ll be constrained by the tube.  Suspect it’s a long shot.. but looking forward to visiting my vehicle’s homeland.    :o

williammac

• S2C Member
  • Hub seal tester
  • Member no : 6158
  • .:
Re: Weekend in London
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2019, 07:16:35 AM »

Welcome to London  :-*

Not Series 2 related but there is an exhibition of James Bond film cars in Covent Garden - it's superb: Aston Martins, Goldfinger's Rolls Royce, the submarine Esprit...and many more. Oh, and a 110.

martinthefirst

• S2C Member
  • Gear shifter
  • Member no : 4519
  • .:
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2019, 08:23:18 AM »

This event sounds interesting:
Vintage cars on Regent Street
 Saturday, 2nd Nov 2019
 10:30 am - 4:00 pm
Displaying a range of cars spanning 120 years of motoring from the earliest 19th Century veterans to the 21st Century cars of the future.

Regent Street will be closed in its entirety to traffic and available to the public from Piccadilly Circus to Oxford Circus.

The veteran car displays in Regent Street were first introduced in 2005. The displays have been expanded over the years to incorporate some more modern exhibits with the first Regent Street Motor Show taking place in 2011. The Show attracted an audience of over 500,000 visitors in 2018 and continues to grow in popularity.

The Veteran Car International Concours d�Elegance will be made up of 100 veteran cars and will be located in the Bonhams Veteran Car Zone. The Concours will be a static display and available for photos throughout the day.

Cost: Free of Charge
Land Rover Series IIA 1964, 3.9 V8, Designa chassis
Morris Minor Convertible 1961

Downeast

« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2019, 05:50:40 PM »

Both sounds great.  I will check them out.  Appreciate the recommendations!
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.038 seconds with 20 queries.