S2C Forum Archives

Advanced search  

News:

Our new forum is open for business:-  New Forum
To use the new forum you will need to re-register.

Please don't post anything on this forum.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Limited Use Tax Class  (Read 1551 times)

Shirepro

• S2C Member
  • Chassis welder
  • Member no : 7575
  • .:
  • Newbie ownser
Limited Use Tax Class
« on: April 20, 2022, 09:09:41 PM »

My S2a is shown as 'Limited Use' which according to the DVLA web site is for agricultural vehicles used on the farm with limited on road use, which got reduced tax and the right to run on red derv (mine is petrol).

It is obviously now tax exempt, and I have just taxed it online with no issues, but does anyone know if thgis class gives any other  restrictions?

Birdsnet55

• S2C Member
  • Gear shifter
  • Member no : 7589
  • .:
  • Series 2a 1966 station Wagon
Re: Limited Use Tax Class
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2022, 09:14:02 PM »

I am sure you can only drive it a limited number off miles between your fields.
You need to take the logbook to the post office and get it changed to Historic

Paul

w3526602

• S2C Member
  • Lord of the Bearings
  • Member no : 3779
  • .:
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2022, 09:27:15 PM »

Hi,

I've not heard that description, but there is something like 7 MILE EXEMPTION, which allows a vehicle, if so registered, to be driven between areas of land, in the POSSESION of the same PERSON, for up to 7 miles per week.

As for as I am aware, the rules have not changed since I last took advantage of them some forty years ago. I had a Grey Fergie, a VW Beach Buggy so registered, although my Suzuki 250cc 4x4 Quad, was taxed as an agricultural vehicle. (Dominion Insurance, fully comp, £35 per year).

But don't take my word, do your own research ... things MAY have changed.

Moogling

• S2C Member
  • Gear shifter
  • Member no : 6646
  • .:
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2022, 09:41:16 PM »

Limited use is a 6 mile exemption.

If you've not already changed it to historic tax class at the post office you should.

w3526602

• S2C Member
  • Lord of the Bearings
  • .:
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2022, 09:57:49 PM »

Hi,

I done a quick shufti, and found things have changed.

However, I think this may have some bearing on the matter, but can't be naffed to research it further.

In my day, the vehicle did not have to be agricultural, just used between land in the vehicle owners "possession" ... in my case, my back garden to my 7.5 acre pony paddock, with only about a quarter mile between them. I used to tow a plastic drum (40 gallons?) in a trailer, and maybe a bale of hay as well.

I was prepared to argue, that I had to drive into town to buy a bag of four inch nails, to mend my 20ft x 30ft hay shed. I only got challenged once, and Plod got all confused when he saw my tax disk (as I did not want to be restricted to short distances. I do try to be a good little boy.

Agriculture includes keeping animals for their meat, muscle, or fur ... and forestry ... plus more. Keeping chickens, and in my case, goats, would count as agriculture. Bees?

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/agricultural-vehicle-licences-and-fuel
21/09/2012 · If you own a vehicle that is used solely for the purpose of agriculture, horticulture or forestry, it is exempt from vehicle tax. You can check …

Alan Drover

• S2C Member
  • Lord of the Bearings
  • Member no : 7511
  • .:
« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2022, 07:55:24 AM »

I like checking to see if vehicles used in period dramas or old films etc on TV are still around. An Austin Westminster used in an episode of Gideon's Way is still around but shown as "Not taxed for road use." An odd condition as I thought it would have been historic.
(I can be a bit of a sad person sometimes.)
Series 3 owner but interested in all Land Rovers.
'Being born was my first big mistake!'

crumbly65

• S2C Member
  • Master of the oils
  • Member no : 912
  • .:
  • "Life is far too important to be taken seriously"
« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2022, 07:53:44 PM »

I like checking to see if vehicles used in period dramas or old films etc on TV are still around.

As an aside, there were some excellent 1950/60's vehicles in the recent 6 part serialisation  of "The Ipcress File" - which in my view frankly was not as good as the original Michael Caine version.

Worth watching for seeing the vehicles though..... :cheers

Wittsend

• Administrator
  • Lord of the Bearings
  • .:
« Reply #7 on: April 21, 2022, 08:10:10 PM »

Re-makes are never the same as the originals IMHO  :shakeinghead

The re-make of the Italian Job is another (Caine film)  example that the original can't be bettered, as is Get Carter.
Who's a then ?

LN11AAB498A

• S2C Member
  • Master of the oils
  • Member no : 7099
  • .:
  • 2A or not 2A that is the question Will Shakespeare
« Reply #8 on: April 21, 2022, 08:32:03 PM »

I like checking to see if vehicles used in period dramas or old films etc on TV are still around. An Austin Westminster used in an episode of Gideon's Way is still around but shown as "Not taxed for road use." An odd condition as I thought it would have been historic.
(I can be a bit of a sad person sometimes.)

I do the same if its an old LR and being an oldie myself, I like to watch some of the old black & white films shown on Talking Pictures where there are often SI & SIIs to be seen. We can be sad together Neil :-X, although I bet we are not alone in this. 
Fred

Blessed are they who endure life with a silly name

w3526602

• S2C Member
  • Lord of the Bearings
  • .:
« Reply #9 on: April 22, 2022, 07:48:23 AM »

Hi,

There was a short film called the Sandwich Man, that Google may be able to find, and play on your PC screen. I think set in the 1960s, it follows a man wearing a "sandwich" advertising board, wandering around London, watching other people's adventures.

It starts with a car driver carving up a cyclist. Words are exchanged, before the cyclist turns into a alley, ... and exits soon after, riding a big motor-cycle, and wearing a BLACK Corker crash helmet.  Ooops!

The film ends with a Triumph Herald convertible "Cruising" down the Thames. I must be getting old ... I can't remember the name of that marinised Herald. ???

Ooops! Sorry, OT ... I don't remember seeing a Land Rover, but in those days, they were outside my budget, so I wasn't interested.

Alan Drover

• S2C Member
  • Lord of the Bearings
  • .:
« Reply #10 on: April 22, 2022, 08:06:16 AM »

It was an Amhicar 602. A German creation using Triumph Herald mechanicals. I can remember seeing one in trouble on the Thames in the 1960's. It was more interesting than the football match at Craven Cottage I was forced to attend while on a training course for the bank where I used to work . I didn't stay long in that job.

w3526602

• S2C Member
  • Lord of the Bearings
  • .:
« Reply #11 on: April 22, 2022, 09:40:46 AM »

Hi Neil

My daughter was born in 1967, having flown from Penang as an embryo. Most of her married life was spent helping her husband disembowel fish in 
 an East End wet fish shop. When he found a younger model. She went to night school to get some qualification, and is now a business manager the UK Head Quarters of an international bank, in Milton Keynes.

Don't mess with my daughter. At one time she was working in the East End of London, but living in Stevenage, travelling by coach. One evening she found  somebody sitting in her reserved seat. No other seats available. The coach driver ignored her complaint ...; so she sat in the road, in front of the coach, until he changed his mind.

I think she gets it from her mother.

Wittsend

• Administrator
  • Lord of the Bearings
  • .:
« Reply #12 on: April 22, 2022, 05:29:14 PM »

It was an Amhicar 602. A German creation using Triumph Herald mechanicals. I can remember seeing one in trouble on the Thames in the 1960's. It was more interesting than the football match at Craven Cottage I was forced to attend while on a training course for the bank where I used to work . I didn't stay long in that job.

As I recall, Wheeler dealers did one - with Ed China  :first

Alan Drover

• S2C Member
  • Lord of the Bearings
  • .:
« Reply #13 on: April 22, 2022, 05:38:03 PM »

I remember it. Didn't it break down in "mid "flow?"
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.037 seconds with 17 queries.