S2C Forum Archives

Advanced search  

News:

Our new forum is open for business:-  New Forum
To use the new forum you will need to re-register.

Please don't post anything on this forum.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Like for like, is the 109 lots slower?  (Read 1545 times)

autorover1

• S2C Member
  • Member of the socket set
  • Member no : 7157
  • .:
Re: Like for like, is the 109 lots slower?
« Reply #15 on: October 28, 2022, 10:40:22 AM »

In the past DVSA have set up a site with DVLA & Police to stop vehicles on Market Day here near  Hereford  . Understand they have a very " productive"  day at times.

22900013A

• S2C Member
  • Master of the oils
  • Member no : 7404
    • 1 Ton Land-Rovers
Re: Like for like, is the 109 lots slower?
« Reply #16 on: October 28, 2022, 01:55:13 PM »

Hi 13A,

Thanks for that.

I'm not saying that you are wrong, but....

... I've never seen half a ton mentioned for an unbraked trailer. Could it be that it is the off-road towing limit that is half a ton?

I read somewhere, recently, that "seemed to suggest" that the towing limits quoted by Land Rover, are actually TRAIN WEIGHTS. Would that match the 3500kg braked "max towing weight" of all the coilers? I presume that coilers are limited to 750kg unbraked, subject to the unladen weight of the tow-car exceeding 1500kg (My S1, with a Marsland S3 galv chassis, and S2 mechanicals, turned a weighbridge at a smidgen over 1400kg , so presumably had a 700kg-ish unbraked towing capacity.

What would happen if you visited your local TRAFFIC AREA OFFICE (or wherever), and demanded a VIN plate? Are VIN plates required in the remaining EU states, and if so, what do they have to say on the matter?

Is there any way of "putting this subject to bed", with a definitive answer. Who can give a definitive answer?

The various towing capacities and braking types are in the owners handbooks and workshop bulletins and are as I stated previously.
1966 88 "
1969 109 " 1-Ton
1972 109 " 1-Ton
2011 Defender 110
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Page created in 0.029 seconds with 17 queries.