S2C Forum Archives

Advanced search  

News:

Our new forum is open for business:-  New Forum
To use the new forum you will need to re-register.

Please don't post anything on this forum.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: 1969 Series IIA Movie and Advertising income stream. Be cool finally.  (Read 430 times)

Larry S.

• S2C Member
  • Member of the socket set
  • Member no : 6533
  • .:
  • a.k.a. Correus

Gotta love this guy's sales pitch.

1969 Land Rover Series IIA Defender 88
Movie and Advertising income stream. Be cool finally.

auction: #255970352822

There's more, but the following is the best - IMHO.

Would you like be recognized for being as distinctive and adventurous as you really are, from a block away?

Are you seeking a vehicle that demonstrates your authenticity, and how original you are from a glance?   Of course you are.  That is why you came here.

This is it.  Look no further, chance and good fortune have collided with your fate.  You are one touch of the screen or tap of a button away from your destiny.

Stop what you are doing, and read along.

A great and adventure-filled life, chance, and hard luck have combined to achieve this incredible cosmetic patina, and my passion to build a reliable daily driver, are what you see here.  These were dropped from planes in wars, have traversed trails and the wilds on every continent, because of its capability based on a balance of power, size, construction, design, and performance.  People were born and have died in these.  This one has survived more than most, she has the scars to tell her story, and with all the work that has been done, she has plenty of life left for you two to make your own.   

Vehicles like this rent for several thousands of dollars per week for TV and film because of the way she looks and also because she drives so well.

'63 SIIa 88 Station Wagon named Grover

Mpudi: So how did the land rover get up the tree?
Steyn: Do you know she has flowers on her panties?
Mpudi: So that's how it got up the tree.

GHOBHW

• S2C Member
  • Master of the oils
  • Member no : 6817
  • .:
Re: 1969 Series IIA Movie and Advertising income stream. Be cool finally.
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2023, 10:14:45 PM »

are you telling me you aren't distinctive and adventurous and also authentic and original?

gotta hand it to them sometimes, the stuff you see in descriptions. isn't really wrote for us though i guess, hoping for people with money to play with to jump in..

"Land Rovers from this era have aluminum bodies so it has no rust on the body.  Other parts have some rust and it is cute."
never heard rust called cute before, patina maybe...:-X

I've noticed quite a few American land rovers with those patches on the station wagon side windows, do they split there from the extreme heat or something?

also what I'd do for an original station wagon roof rack....the dream...

Larry S.

• S2C Member
  • Member of the socket set
  • Member no : 6533
  • .:
  • a.k.a. Correus
Re: 1969 Series IIA Movie and Advertising income stream. Be cool finally.
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2023, 10:23:32 PM »

are you telling me you aren't distinctive and adventurous and also authentic and original?

gotta hand it to them sometimes, the stuff you see in descriptions. isn't really wrote for us though i guess, hoping for people with money to play with to jump in..

"Land Rovers from this era have aluminum bodies so it has no rust on the body.  Other parts have some rust and it is cute."
never heard rust called cute before, patina maybe...:-X

I've noticed quite a few American land rovers with those patches on the station wagon side windows, do they split there from the extreme heat or something?

also what I'd do for an original station wagon roof rack....the dream...

Huh... I've never noticed those patches before on other Rovers here.  Guess I need to pay more attention!!!

You and me both in re that roof rack!!  I know of someone who has one stored in the rafters of their garage and they aren't sure if they want it or not.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.046 seconds with 19 queries.