S2C Forum Archives

Advanced search  

News:

Our new forum is open for business:-  New Forum
To use the new forum you will need to re-register.

Please don't post anything on this forum.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Insurance time  (Read 1167 times)

maindy

• S2C Member
  • Hub seal tester
  • Member no : 6599
  • .:
Insurance time
« on: December 27, 2019, 05:07:49 PM »

Evening all, its insurance time again so i would like some advice please, i want to up the value im covered for but to what, ill give you a bit of info and hopefully you can advise, 1966 swb petrol soft top, series 3 engine bit worn, new galv chassis springs fuel tank this year, galv bulkhead and rad panel a few years ago, autosparks loom a few years ago, new seats last year (exmoor trim) rear bench seats and cuddy box a few years ago, recon gearbox this year, new rad last year, weber carb two years ago, simon bbc electronic ignition, all new brakes and drums rebuilt swivels, aluminium door tops military, she is hand painted which needs doing again now but from afar she looks ok, im currently insured for 1500 which is what i paid for her back in 2014, so what do you think i need to up this too.
thanks phil.

Wittsend

• Administrator
  • Lord of the Bearings
  • .:
Re: Insurance time
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2019, 05:19:22 PM »

Circa £6,000 I'd say without seeing any pictures.

The insurance value is NOT what you paid for the vehicle.
The value is what it would cost to replace like-4-like.

You need to gather evidence at what your vehicle and similar condition ones are selling for - ads from magazines and the internet.
You need to take the 6 photos - front, back, sides, inside and engine bay and keep them updated. You need to revise and update your valuation every year - as the market is strong these days. If your vehicle was stolen a total loss, you'll be amazed at what a replacement will cost.

Owner valuations are accepted by most all insurers in the classic car market for values up to around £15,000. If they won't play ball - move to another.

:RHD
Who's a then ?

GlenAnderson

• S2C Member
  • Grand master of the oils
  • Member no : 1135
  • .:
Re: Insurance time
« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2019, 05:28:41 PM »

Definitely way more than £1500. That wouldn’t buy you a V5 and a bucket of rust these days.
It’s not air, it’s adjustment.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.049 seconds with 19 queries.