S2C Forum Archives

Advanced search  

News:

Our new forum is open for business:-  New Forum
To use the new forum you will need to re-register.

Please don't post anything on this forum.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Not everything is Cancelled!  (Read 1508 times)

Jepster

• S2C Member
  • Chassis welder
  • Member no : 3243
  • .:
Not everything is Cancelled!
« on: March 25, 2020, 11:16:24 PM »

Having read that the Drive it Day has now been cancelled, the gloom of isolation may appear to be descending.

However, I believe there is an appeal for people to show their appreciation for the work of those keeping our Countries running, particularly within the NHS or Health Services.
It's proposed that at 20:00 (8pm for Series folk) on Thursday 26th March, people are encouraged to, from their doorsteps, drives, balconies, garages or Ivory Towers, stand and applaud the NHS.
At first glance it seemed quite a futile gesture, for me nearest Hospital is 6 miles away. However, on reflection, and you may find the same, there are NHS staff who live in our immediate neighbourhood, as well as friends or family in the business.
So, despite the risk of looking a right chump, I plan to be out there.
You might want to do the same?

Jepster

Calon lan yn Lloegr

PTT

• S2C Member
  • Gear shifter
  • Member no : 6528
  • .:
Re: Not everything is Cancelled!
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2020, 08:37:32 AM »

I like the idea.

It has been happening in Spain and Italy and France and it is quite moving/emotional to see it (on the TV) where people are confined to the large tower blocks.

Not in our little village though. Maybe I should be the first......

Keep safe,
Stephen
 :coffee
1965 Pastel Green 88"quot Utility, LHD diesel.
1971 Limestone 109"quot Station Wagon, LHD diesel.

PTT

• S2C Member
  • Gear shifter
  • Member no : 6528
  • .:

andyjb

• S2C Member
  • Gear shifter
  • Member no : 4619
  • .:
  • Misty 1972 Series 3 Petrol LPG
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2020, 04:13:59 PM »

I like the idea too. Id like the idea to be carried out in every public place as well not just on door steps.
Its great to see the NHS staff and carers being able to shop between half seven and eight am in relative peace and calm. They still might not be able to get everything, but they get the chance to get something.
Misty 1972 Series 3 SWB 2.25 Petrol LPG

Jepster

• S2C Member
  • Chassis welder
  • Member no : 3243
  • .:
« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2020, 10:45:24 PM »

I expected to hear the gnarled hands of Series owners clapping earlier tonight, but it was quite quiet locally, well aside from the mad woman across the road running up the street banging a saucepan with a spoon!
This can't end here, I think we're going to have a roller coaster ride, and the people at the forefront of that, NHS staff, who go into work, risk infection and working b***** hard to give us the best chance we can have, need some appreciation. It's the least we can do.
My nephew, who initially seemed to be a feckless youth, is now an anaesthetist and his old man reports is run ragged pulling 14-16 hour duties. He's not alone, there are many others, several Nurses in my street, who deserve the encouragement.
Let's face it, if we end up in ICU, we want motivated people there!
So next we get a chance, Disregard the Poise, make a Noise!
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.04 seconds with 20 queries.