S2C Forum Archives

Advanced search  

News:

Our new forum is open for business:-  New Forum
To use the new forum you will need to re-register.

Please don't post anything on this forum.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Mask for spray painting  (Read 1512 times)

MikeT

• S2C Member
  • Grand master of the oils
  • Member no : 6272
  • .:
Mask for spray painting
« on: April 25, 2020, 11:24:59 AM »

I need to purchase a face mask for spraying 2K, Im not a professional but need some thing that is suitable for the job. Any suggestions or advice  greatly appreciated.

Youngun

• Hub seal tester
  • .:
Re: Mask for spray painting
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2020, 11:51:51 AM »

In the absence of an air supply for a full face respirator and hood set up we use these at work... Spraying boats

https://www.3m.co.uk/3M/en_GB/company-uk/3m-products/~/3M-Spray-Paint-Respirator-6002-A2P2-1-Kit/?N=5002385+3290656176&rt=rud

Although any mask rated A2P2 for solvents, organics and related dust and mist will be sufficient

Recommend eye protection if spraying as well

Neal

agg221

• Swivel King
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2020, 12:12:54 PM »

I went through this loop fairly recently.

Assuming you have a reasonable size compressor and are not needing to spray very fast over large areas, a DeVilbiss air-fed mask and a midi-sized gravity fed paint gun such as the ANI R-150 Q came out as a recommended combination. It will take 600ml if you have the largest cup, and is specifically designed to use very low cfm, allowing most of the air for breathing. I have a 50l 3hp single phase compressor which copes fine with spraying small areas with this set-up (all the black bits). I haven't tried anything big yet.

You need oil and water traps on the compressor and the carbon filter on the mask then gives you breathable quality air. The carbon filter is belt mounted, so you take one feed from the compressor which splits to the mask and the gun, so you don't have as many hoses trailing around.

Spraygunsdirect is still working fine. They have an independent consultant who you get routed to for technical advice and he is very helpful - if you tell him what you have and what you are trying to do he can advise what will work - he is not paid commission and did not recommend anything overly expensive.

Note, air-fed masks come in full face and half mask. I went for the latter, as it means I can use separate eye protection so if I get some overspray for some reason I don't have to worry about the eye part being fogged but can just change the safety glasses.

The cartridge filters have an indicator as to how much of them has been used up. This is useful as they do turn up secondhand on Ebay and a look at the picture tells you whether it is a good deal or not.

Alec

Clifford Pope

• S2C Member
  • Master of the oils
  • Member no : 3129
  • .:
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2020, 08:26:26 AM »

The global debate about wearing face masks rages on, but meanwhile ........           :)
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.79 seconds with 20 queries.