S2C Forum Archives

Advanced search  

News:

Our new forum is open for business:-  New Forum
To use the new forum you will need to re-register.

Please don't post anything on this forum.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: window channel  (Read 3052 times)

tankman

window channel
« on: August 22, 2019, 07:48:36 PM »

Would someone please tell me the lengths of the three aluminium window channel infill pieces on a series  2/2a, as I wish to have them remanufactured with galvanized window channel as well.  Many thanks  Bob

genocache

• Grand master of the oils
  • .:
  • Something smart and clever here.
    • Genocache   my blog
Re: window channel
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2019, 08:17:57 PM »

I'm guessing you are talking about the door tops? I hear these are nice; http://parabolicsprings.com/products.html

tankman

« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2019, 09:24:37 PM »

No, not door tops. There are three aluminium infil sections behind the sliding windows on doortops,one at top one at rear one at bottom, I simply want to know the lengths. I believe they are the same as series 1 , but longer.

Formerlyjeremy

• Swivel King
  • .:
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2019, 10:07:41 PM »

genocache

• Grand master of the oils
  • .:
  • Something smart and clever here.
    • Genocache   my blog
« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2019, 01:53:33 AM »

No, not door tops. There are three aluminium infil sections behind the sliding windows on doortops,one at top one at rear one at bottom, I simply want to know the lengths. I believe they are the same as series 1 , but longer.
Yes, if you scroll down the link he sells those, similar I expect to the Paddocks ones Jeremy linked to.

Formerlyjeremy

• Swivel King
  • .:
« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2019, 08:34:22 AM »

S1 door windows are much bigger than S2+.  The alloy framing for the winow surrounds should be the same thickness as the front window glass or in the case of the 80in and some 86in - the perspex - so that everything runs straight.

So far as I know all S2+ have used the cheap furry window runners - which have a steel base and rust and fall apart after (many) years.  Some people fit plastic kitchen cabinet runners.

tankman

« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2019, 09:46:06 AM »

Thankyou for the tip on Paddocks, I have ordered a set.  Cannot believe the low cost, will be interesting to see what arrives.I have sold stainless window channel as original profile, for series ones for many years. I am able to get window channel made in galvanized and stainless for later models, so the infill sections will be a good thing.  Bob

gcc130

• Gear shifter
  • .:
« Reply #7 on: August 23, 2019, 11:07:06 AM »

As far as I know, series 2 + 3 have never used galv or stainless channel like you supply for series 1’s Bob.
Thy have always had the furry channel with the steel core.
The Series 3 club sell a plastic channel which is far superior to the original and doesn’t rot out.

Formerlyjeremy

• Swivel King
  • .:
« Reply #8 on: August 23, 2019, 11:10:50 AM »

I was also staggered by the price of the Paddocks window surrounds - they were much cheaper when I last bought them!

Moogling

• S2C Member
  • Gear shifter
  • Member no : 6646
  • .:
« Reply #9 on: August 23, 2019, 05:36:22 PM »

As far as I know, series 2 + 3 have never used galv or stainless channel like you supply for series 1’s Bob.
Thy have always had the furry channel with the steel core.
The Series 3 club sell a plastic channel which is far superior to the original and doesn’t rot out.

I've used the series 3 club stuff for the last 7 years or so and it's been excellent so far.

2DieselMan

• S2C Member
  • Hub seal tester
  • Member no : 4082
  • .:
« Reply #10 on: August 31, 2019, 12:49:33 PM »

Hi Bob & All,

The early SII, Not SIIA's were fitted with Galvanised Window Channel with Felt.   It was a carry over from the Series 1.   My 1958 2 litre Diesel had them.    I still have the rear sections with felt in!  However the other runners even when Galvanised rusts eventually.

Bob,

I need a at least 2 sets of the original style Galvanised Window Channel with Felt for Series 2 Windows.   The SII windows are bigger, hence the channel lengths will need to be longer than the ones you have made for the Series 1 Windows in Stainless Steel.    I will PM you the channel Lengths, thanks

Neil
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.055 seconds with 20 queries.