S2C Forum Archives

Advanced search  

News:

Our new forum is open for business:-  New Forum
To use the new forum you will need to re-register.

Please don't post anything on this forum.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: 2.6 engine parts identification  (Read 2327 times)

Greg

• S2C Member
  • Chassis welder
  • Member no : 6647
2.6 engine parts identification
« on: August 30, 2019, 08:32:52 PM »

Evening all.

I have a query regarding sensors on my 2.6 6 cylinder. There are 2x oil pressure sensors on the passenger side (RHD) above and forward of the starter motor. I believe one is for the oil pressure warning indicator (lamp) within the speedo and the other is for an oil pressure gauge. Query 1: which one is which?

There are also 2x sensors on the head. Water Temp. and another which is a mystery to me? Query 2: what does the 2nd sensor do?

And finally I have a component on the drivers side in the middle of the block (pic. 3) with a threaded connection. I can't remember removing any pipes when I removed the engine, so again I'm at a loss... any help with this would be appreciate...

Thanks

Greg

shuey

• S2C Member
  • Hub seal tester
  • Member no : 5280
  • .:
Re: 2.6 engine parts identification
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2019, 08:49:23 PM »

the one with 3 bolts it's an otter switch tells when thengine has warmed up enough it tell you the puch the choke in (orange light lights up on dash)

riedland

• Chassis welder
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2019, 08:57:47 PM »

Evening all.

I have a query regarding sensors on my 2.6 6 cylinder. There are 2x oil pressure sensors on the passenger side (RHD) above and forward of the starter motor. I believe one is for the oil pressure warning indicator (lamp) within the speedo and the other is for an oil pressure gauge. Query 1: which one is which?
The smallest is for the pressure warning light (normaly white/yellow wire connected), the big is the pressure gauge, to me in an unseen location on your engine.
There are also 2x sensors on the head. Water Temp. and another which is a mystery to me? Query 2: what does the 2nd sensor do?
The top one is for the choke light (expensive item)
And finally I have a component on the drivers side in the middle of the block (pic. 3) with a threaded connection. I can't remember removing any pipes when I removed the engine, so again I'm at a loss... any help with this would be appreciate...
Normally you should find an aluminium plug here, probably the po eplaced it by something that fit ...
Thanks

Greg
[/quote]

Greg

• S2C Member
  • Chassis welder
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2019, 09:18:43 PM »

shuey, riedland, top stuff thanks.

Calum

• S2C Member
  • Grand master of the oils
  • Member no : 6930
  • .:
    • C Barrow Engineering Ltd
« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2019, 06:55:01 PM »

The threaded plug in the driver's side was where a webasto or similar block heater was fitted. Agree with above in that the big canister oil sender is for a gauge, the small switch on the tee piece for the rocker feed is the low pressure light.

Greg

• S2C Member
  • Chassis welder
« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2019, 01:24:25 PM »

I assume the PO would have used a block heater to speed up the time taken to heat the coolant and subsequent cabin heating?

Would the threaded connection have been the return point?
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.042 seconds with 23 queries.