S2C Forum Archives

Advanced search  

News:

Our new forum is open for business:-  New Forum
To use the new forum you will need to re-register.

Please don't post anything on this forum.

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Useless delivery company. Rant  (Read 4441 times)

Rog-from-Bix

• S2C Member
  • Hub seal tester
  • Member no : 2860
  • .:
Re: Useless delivery company. Rant
« Reply #15 on: July 21, 2020, 10:31:51 AM »

To be fair the Hermes service is far worse, recently taking over 2 weeks to deliver with the 3 day service :thud
(more than once!)

To be fair hermes here are really good its been the same lady for quite a while she knows where she can leave stuff safely out of sight, I feel sorry for these hermes workers that have to shift a hell of a lot of stuff to make not that much money all in their own car.

Genem

• Lord of the Bearings
  • Member no : 4186
  • .:
« Reply #16 on: July 21, 2020, 11:02:14 AM »

I ordered a bunch of parts last summer from the UK and they shipped TNT.  3 days later it was here in Kansas.  Shocked me to death!!!   :agh

Just click your heels together, Toto...

:whistle
I'm not totally daft, some bits are missing

Manxcat

• S2C Member
  • Master of the oils
  • Member no : 4228
  • .:
« Reply #17 on: July 21, 2020, 01:44:21 PM »

^ The wind must have been in the right direction for Dorothy.  :-X

Betsy1969

• S2C Member
  • Master of the oils
  • Member no : 5469
  • .:
« Reply #18 on: July 21, 2020, 06:14:47 PM »

Well I rang TNT today to be told in a very nice manner that another company called Parcel Hero are actually handling my consignment. Contacted them via email , their  phone number doesn’t work. Later on I got a reply to say that they have contacted ‘the carrier ‘ unnamed and will update me when they get some feedback !

Meanwhile the supplier is most apologetic and is also chasing up another consignment for someone else.

Words fail me

Grandadrob

• Master of the oils
  • More questions than answers.
« Reply #19 on: July 21, 2020, 06:17:00 PM »

SWMBO ordered goods from Wayfair, they sent a despatch note with link to DHL. DHL sent a tracking number/link and said it would come last Thursday. It didn't. Then DHL tracking showed it hadn't left the supplier by Friday. Today, Tuesday Wayfair said sorry for the faulty item, they would replace it immediately. DHL tracking said it was in the local depot awaiting delivery. It never arrived here at all, so what planet are they are all on.  :stars
1955 86inch petrol.
1960 88inch Diesel.
2013 FFRR SDV8 4.4

Betsy1969

• S2C Member
  • Master of the oils
  • .:
« Reply #20 on: July 21, 2020, 08:41:38 PM »

Oh Wayfair ! another shower of idiots . We ordered 2 headboards , one single and one double. They sent two doubles and took a long time to do that. Eventually they collected the incorrect one and said they would send the correct one. Many weeks later they said there was a delay , You Don’t Say ! ... and gave us the chance to cancel which we took.

agg221

• Swivel King
« Reply #21 on: July 22, 2020, 09:49:11 AM »

To be fair hermes here are really good its been the same lady for quite a while she knows where she can leave stuff safely out of sight, I feel sorry for these hermes workers that have to shift a hell of a lot of stuff to make not that much money all in their own car.

The big problem with Hermes is that it is all down to the local delivery driver as to whether you get good service or parcel theft. The system itself does nothing about it.
 Most of the decent companies do socially distanced delivery with a photograph. You can see where your parcel was left, or there is a photo of you next to it. Hermes just log that they delivered the parcel and call that 'proof of delivery'. They also log that the delivery vehicle has been nearby to the right GPS location.

I ordered some plastic wrapping film ten days ago and deliberately chose a company which stated they delivered using Parcelforce 48hrs. I got Hermes. I was sat working at my computer, 2 metres from my front door, when I got an email notification to say the parcel had been delivered (12.32). I immediately checked outside the door in case it has been quietly left without knocking - nothing. I tried to notify them but they have disabled the phone and email contact details and cancelled customer services. There is an automated thing on their website which just lets you enter the details and then happily tells you they have proof of delivery. 50mins of swearing at their useless service later I finally found a way through the loop to get a message to them. 8hrs later, back came an email response from a call centre in India, telling me that my parcel had been delivered and had a checked with a neighbour. As it happens, my wife had gone shopping 2mins before the parcel was supposed to have been delivered and saw the white van parked in the layby opposite. My neighbour had been working in the front garden at the time and had also seen the van. The driver didn't even bother to get out. Having followed this up by rapid email response, including comment to the effect that I would not be letting this drop, my parcel got dropped off 24hrs later with no further comment.

Parcelforce are annoying around here as the driver usually dumps the parcels at the post office rather than attempting to deliver, but at least we know where they are, the post office rings us (knowing that no card will have been left) and we get the parcels within 48hrs of when we should have done.

Contrast this with DHL and DPD who both delivered items to me last week. One was some bulbs from the Netherlands - I was notified as to when they were dispatched, when they got to the port, when they arrived in the UK and when they would be delivered, within a 1hr window, and it was a day early. They recorded photographs of the delivery so no room for confusion.

It's not that hard, is it.

Alec

Grandadrob

• Master of the oils
  • More questions than answers.
« Reply #22 on: July 22, 2020, 10:02:29 AM »

Some of the delivery companies expect their drivers to deliver hundreds of items each day, and in rural areas travel hundreds of miles. Recently, a Parcelforce driver said his base was Bristol. A good 2 hours from here.....

Worf

• Master of the oils
  • Member no : 3448
  • .:
    • Aberdaron B&B
« Reply #23 on: July 22, 2020, 10:12:35 AM »

Apart from Yodel once leaving a parcel in next doors recycling box at the end of the lane once (I just happened to spot it when putting some rubbish out), most deliverers are pretty good round here, especially for a remote place. Cant see how they really make any money out of delivering this far.
I try to avoid sellers using Royal Mail 48 as it really should be renamed Royal Mail 96, but that is not the fault of our local postie, just the system.
"If tha knows nowt, say nowt an-appen nob'dee'll notice."

oilstain

• S2C Member
  • Member of the socket set
  • Member no : 3140
  • .:
  • Whom the gods would destroy they first make mad
« Reply #24 on: July 22, 2020, 10:22:30 AM »

I feel a lot of these delivery companies would have fewer complaints if they quoted more realistic delivery times. Why say 3 days when most take 5 days :bright-idea
Or perhaps linked the quoted delivery time to the postcode, so if out in the sticks quote a longer time :bright-idea

Genem

• Lord of the Bearings
  • .:
« Reply #25 on: July 22, 2020, 10:37:20 AM »

I have a DHL delivery that was due yesterday according to their system. My son has a DHL delivery due today. They only come up here once a week. On Thursdays I think.

We'll see...

Update:  My DHL delivery from yesterday has arrived, dropped in the Pub smoking shelter 200m away and supposedly signed for by me at 9.20am.  No sign of my sons parcel, supposedly due today.

Betsy1969

• S2C Member
  • Master of the oils
  • .:
« Reply #26 on: July 22, 2020, 02:27:18 PM »

Well miraculously my gearbox turned up this morning at 8:15 without any warning through the tracking system. It came in a TNT lorry despite them denying any responsibility yesterday !

By contrast I ordered some parts from LR Parts on Saturday , they emailed yesterday to say it was on its way by DHL. This morning I was just about to look at their tracking system when the van arrived outside .
That’s better .

Andy

Wittsend

• Administrator
  • Lord of the Bearings
  • .:
« Reply #27 on: July 22, 2020, 03:04:46 PM »

Do you want to retract this topic ???

:wooly-jumper
Who's a then ?

Genem

• Lord of the Bearings
  • .:
« Reply #28 on: July 22, 2020, 09:51:58 PM »

I have a DHL delivery that was due yesterday according to their system. My son has a DHL delivery due today. They only come up here once a week. On Thursdays I think.

We'll see...

Update:  My DHL delivery from yesterday has arrived, dropped in the Pub smoking shelter 200m away and supposedly signed for by me at 9.20am.  No sign of my sons parcel, supposedly due today.

....and now my son has had an email from DHL asking him to contact them as they "have insufficient address detail" to deliver his parcel. Odd, because checking the two sets of address information, they are IDENTICAL.  Something tells me its going to be a "Drive to Paisley or wait a week" job.

Paul4978

• S2C Member
  • Gear shifter
  • Member no : 6908
  • .:
« Reply #29 on: July 22, 2020, 11:58:18 PM »

Our postcode covers 5 farms in quite a large area, and dumps the satnav user 1 mile from the house.  PO best at delivering, Parcel Farce not bad, the others depend on whether the driver has been here before and/or whether he /she has read the delivery instructions and contact no. we always give.
Some clowns pretend they can't find us and send us a photo of our neighbour's gate
Our fault for living in the stix. But at least it's an excuse to have a Landrover.
As if I needed an excuse
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up

Page created in 0.07 seconds with 19 queries.