S2C Forum Archives

Advanced search  

News:

Our new forum is open for business:-  New Forum
To use the new forum you will need to re-register.

Please don't post anything on this forum.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down

Author Topic: Land rovers and dogs seem to go together...  (Read 8679 times)

Fluffle-Valve

• Carawagon Owner
  • S2C Member
  • Gear shifter
  • Member no : 2919
  • .:
  • So Love me, Love my Dogs.
    • Blogspot
Re: Land rovers and dogs seem to go together...
« Reply #45 on: August 16, 2020, 05:56:06 PM »

Check your insurance.

It might be voided if you have an accident with an unrestrained animal in your vehicle, and you will be the one paying out.

Tim, I'm totally well aware of the do's and don't's regarding dogs in vehicles, as is everyone else that owns a dog.
I'm just answering the original posters question.
NB, he did mention that his dogs, "They have been in the back of our Defender but we have a dog guard to stop them jumping through." No mention of a cage in the back, which is also applicable to insurance rules a regs.   :tiphat

I think you will find that most Landy owners that have a dog just let them roam about in the back. Some have them just sitting there in the front watching their owner drive or with their head out of the window with ears flapping. There are the few owners that have their dogs strapped up, belted up and caged up in the back or the front, as per-the-law.
This is my Dormawagon.

Richard

• S2C Member
  • Gear shifter
  • Member no : 5937
  • .:
« Reply #46 on: August 16, 2020, 06:13:24 PM »

As far as I know Dutch law does not specifically say a driver has to restrain an animal in his car. On the other hand, it does say you "may not cause dangerous situations while on the road". So, if the unrestrained Rakker jumps in my lap as I am negotiating a corner I may be held liable for any damages I cause as a result of that. So, yes, I agree, I should restrain him, keep him on his leash. I think French law stipulates dogs should be kept behind a dog guard in the back. According to German law a "load" carried in the car should be securely restrained. And as far as our southern neighbours are concerend, Belgians are supposed to be kept on a leash while the dog is driving…
Richard

Check your insurance.

It might be voided if you have an accident with an unrestrained animal in your vehicle, and you will be the one paying out.
1964 S2a, 1997 Disco 1, 1978 RRC

Fluffle-Valve

• Carawagon Owner
  • S2C Member
  • Gear shifter
  • Member no : 2919
  • .:
  • So Love me, Love my Dogs.
    • Blogspot
« Reply #47 on: August 16, 2020, 10:02:27 PM »

And as far as our southern neighbours are concerend, Belgians are supposed to be kept on a leash while the dog is driving…
Richard

Loving that bit.  :first  :cheers

kev

• S2C Member
  • Master of the oils
  • Member no : 6287
  • .:
  • Blah, blah, blah...
« Reply #48 on: August 17, 2020, 12:00:15 PM »

I suppose if you don't own a real Land Rover, you're not obliged to own real dogs... ;)
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up

Page created in 0.049 seconds with 20 queries.