S2C Forum Archives

Advanced search  

News:

Our new forum is open for business:-  New Forum
To use the new forum you will need to re-register.

Please don't post anything on this forum.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: PROTECTION RACKET  (Read 2760 times)

agg221

• Swivel King
Re: PROTECTION RACKET
« Reply #15 on: November 17, 2020, 09:26:47 AM »

John, something to try (see this and following two posts):

In the bottom right hand corner of your screen, is there a small black rectangle with a some white horizontal lines, as shown in the first picture below, or a speech bubble in the same place, as shown in the second picture (both arrowed in red).

agg221

• Swivel King
« Reply #16 on: November 17, 2020, 09:30:15 AM »

Regardless of whether it is showing a speech bubble or a black rectangle, click once on it and it will bring up a box which looks like the picture below (don't worry about whether the specific content of your box matches mine). At the top of the box it will say 'Manage Notifications' (arrowed in red). Click once on this and wait - it may take your computer some seconds to respond. It will then open a new window.

w3526602

• S2C Member
  • Lord of the Bearings
  • Member no : 3779
  • .:
« Reply #17 on: November 17, 2020, 09:33:59 AM »

Hi Malcom, and everybody else.

In words of on sylable, pretty please ... should I just copy you links (one at a time) paste them into the browser bar, and click.

Just a simple yes or no, will dome for starters.

Er .. while on the subject of browser bars .... key 361WYD IMAGES into YOUR  Browser bar, and click. That should give you a picture of Barbara's old shopping trolley.

But my question is, why (assuming it worked) should I go to the bother of doing a full Google procedure?

Thanks for everybody's interest. I suspect you are trying to be gentle with me.

I've been called for brekky, but I will return .... I have a white triangle with vertical lines ....

agg221

• Swivel King
« Reply #18 on: November 17, 2020, 09:45:56 AM »

In the window which opens there will be text saying 'Get notifications from apps and other senders' immediately below which will be a button saying 'On' (arrowed in red in picture below). Click this once and the box will go grey and say 'Off'. You can then close the window.

This may remove a lot of your pop-ups.

Alec

g6anz

• S2C Member
  • Master of the oils
  • Member no : 1690
  • .:
« Reply #19 on: November 17, 2020, 10:20:25 AM »

All you need to do is double click on the link. When you move the cursor over it the link should be underlined and change colour. With Spybot go to the 'products' link at the top and select 'Spybot - search and destroy'
Then go to the table of products and select 'free' and download and follow the instructions.

A similar procedure for Malware bytes. Choose 'for home', For Windows' and then 'download free'. Again follow the instructions.

It should be straightforward. ??? ???
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Page created in 0.029 seconds with 18 queries.