S2C Forum Archives

Advanced search  

News:

Our new forum is open for business:-  New Forum
To use the new forum you will need to re-register.

Please don't post anything on this forum.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Millie's Christmas present  (Read 1110 times)

Steamdriven

• S2C Member
  • Hub seal tester
  • Member no : 4387
  • .:
Millie's Christmas present
« on: December 02, 2020, 02:02:13 PM »

Hello all.
I hope you are all fit and well.

I went for a drive yesterday and collected Millie’s Christmas present, her new bulkhead before Bristol started its Tier 3 lockdown today.

After being fobbed off for around twelve months by Classic Bulkheads in Birmingham I cancelled my order with them.
A further prowl of the internet came up with Pegasus as being the next nearest producer of Series 2 bulkheads. If practical I like to talk face to face with the people I am dealing with.
Taking into account their bad reputation I rang them and made my enquiry then arranged to drive down to see them in Millie. We had a friendly meeting which included a close examination of Millie’s bulkhead and coffee and biscuits. At the end of the meeting I decided to place an order for a new bulkhead without any holes for the heater and later no hole for the dip switch, and a few other bits and pieces.
I went home and confirmed the order on the 22nd Sept’ by transferring the fifty percent deposit.
I received a number of updates and a couple of pictures from Pegasus, until on the 27th November I was advised that my bulkhead was ready to collect.
I arranged to drive down and collect my bulkhead yesterday after first checking that it would fit in the back of my Peugeot, which it did lying flat on an old duvet.

I am a very happy bunny and a satisfied customer of Pegasus.

Gordon

Peter Holden

• S2C Vehicle Registration Officer
  • Director
  • Lord of the Bearings
  • Member no : 4528
  • .:
  • Peter Holden
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2020, 02:08:35 PM »

That is good to know Gordon, where did you have to go to and did you see any more?

Peter
A Yorkshireman on missionary duty in Lancashire

Wittsend

• Administrator
  • Lord of the Bearings
  • .:
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2020, 02:12:53 PM »

... Is it just possible Pegasus have had a change in their customer relations and production process  ???

Are they under new management or something ?
Who's a then ?

Craig T

• Director
  • Lord of the Bearings
  • Member no : 6454
  • .:
  • 1967 109" Station Wagon, 1955 86" Station Wagon
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2020, 02:27:04 PM »

I saw a FaceBook post from them the other day saying they had a South West distributor. The photos on the link looked like they had a well set up workshop and had a number of bulkheads in production.

Hopefully that is a good sign that they are producing quality stuff and will become a reliable supplier. What you have there certainly looks good.

Craig.

Alan Drover

• S2C Member
  • Lord of the Bearings
  • Member no : 7511
  • .:
Re: Millie's Christmas present
« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2020, 08:29:54 PM »

Robert Owen made my Series 3 bulkhead. Including delivery to the fitter and with optional stone chip protection it was just over £1,800. Because of restrictions it was a week late, being delivered in the first week of last June instead of the last week of May. I didn't know that Pegasus did bulkheads but a local Series 3 club member got their new bulkhead from Owens so I did.
Anyway, Pegasus don't do Series 3 bulkheads according to their ad.
Series 3 owner but interested in all Land Rovers.
'Being born was my first big mistake!'

Steamdriven

• S2C Member
  • Hub seal tester
  • Member no : 4387
  • .:
Re: Millie's Christmas present
« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2020, 09:02:52 PM »

I went to Pegasus's home address in Redhill shown on their web site both times.
There were two more bulkheads besides mine, one waiting collection and the other waiting to be shipped to the USA. I did not actually see the bulkheads as they were covered in individual blankets as was mine.
As this appears to be a husband and wife business I would say that potential customers should bare in mind that they cannot be producing, despatching goods, answering queries and dealing with the collections all at the same time.

Gordon
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.238 seconds with 20 queries.