S2C Forum Archives

Advanced search  

News:

Our new forum is open for business:-  New Forum
To use the new forum you will need to re-register.

Please don't post anything on this forum.

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Problems with Pegasus?  (Read 4781 times)

turski

• S2C Member
  • Master of the oils
  • Member no : 6945
  • .:
Problems with Pegasus?
« on: December 02, 2020, 02:40:29 PM »

Has anyone had issues with Pegasus Parts regarding payment and parts sent?

On 19th November, pretty much two weeks ago… I ordered by email a couple of clutch and brake pipes for the combined bean can reservoir, a set of pedal rubbers and fender mirrors… I accepted a very hefty £55 delivery to my country as I need the 6 inch pipes to keep the restoration going…. All in all, it’s a pretty small package but Im not concerned about the shipping cost.

They very quickly sent me a Paypal payment request for £114.40 and I paid straight away.  I got an email from them stating that they had to make one of the parts, even though it was stated as being in stock… and that the order would be sent on Monday with TNT and I would receive a tracking number.

The issue is that since 20th November I have heard nothing… even after several attempts from me to contact them and ask them if it has been sent.

My last email was this morning explaining that it was an urgent order and I need to hear something at least… still nothing.

They were very quick to ask for the money but have since closed shop on me.

Has anyone else had an issue with them or could this be an unfortunate one off?

Living in Botswana I’m not sure what to do…. Calling them is an issue as where I live I have terrible reception, but up to the point of me paying them they were responsive by email.

I thought they had a positive reputation.

Supercal2007

• S2C Member
  • Master of the oils
  • Member no : 5376
  • .:
Re: Problems with Pegasus?
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2020, 02:56:34 PM »

Oh dear. Why are these B######s still allowed to trade? Why are the magazines still placing their adverts?

There has been long convoluted threads on here before about this lot ( who went bust under a slightly different name) - and what a bunch of robbing b######s they are.

Dont mess about  - get a refund from Paypal in FULL.

Order the parts elsewhere.

turski

• S2C Member
  • Master of the oils
  • .:
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2020, 03:00:48 PM »

The reason I ordered from Pegasus is that they make pre-bent pipes coming from the bean can reservoir... these pipes are short and of the larger size pipe which I struggle to bend at home.  They were they company I could find offering the pre-bent pipes.

I had no idea that they had a bad reputation and I should have researched this before hand.

Not good

Peter Holden

• S2C Vehicle Registration Officer
  • Director
  • Lord of the Bearings
  • Member no : 4528
  • .:
  • Peter Holden
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2020, 03:04:38 PM »

However on a previous post today Gordon was showing off his new Pegassus bulkhead.

I wonder if they have split the company into 2, one supplying parts and the other buiding bulkheads.

Turski do you have any relatives in the Uk who could act as your agent and contact them on your behalf.

Peter
A Yorkshireman on missionary duty in Lancashire

turski

• S2C Member
  • Master of the oils
  • .:
« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2020, 03:11:26 PM »

Romahomepete... I do have someone who can help me in the UK yes, but I feel its an imposition to ask them to chase a company  when to be honest, all they need to do is answer my emails.

I may go down this route yes, but I may just go for the refund route.

I wish I had known about this before.

Supercal2007

• S2C Member
  • Master of the oils
  • Member no : 5376
  • .:
« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2020, 03:28:01 PM »

Dont mess about - get a refund through Paypal.

turski

• S2C Member
  • Master of the oils
  • .:
« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2020, 03:34:59 PM »

... not that this changes the fact that it is unacceptable to not answer many emails for two weeks... I have just had a reply and an apology

I have also received a tracking number for TNT so I will shortly be able to see it on its way... some proof I guess as its TNT own tracking... The package was only registered for posting today.

It took a threat to take up a possible case of fraud with Paypal to get this done... but if I get the parts then that's what I wanted in the first place.

Worf

• Master of the oils
  • Member no : 3448
  • .:
    • Aberdaron B&B
« Reply #7 on: December 02, 2020, 04:08:41 PM »

The bulkhead part is now a limited company, run by the same people with an extra director who "invested" (He is a chiropodist :stars)
I will refrain from further comment.  :whistle
"If tha knows nowt, say nowt an-appen nob'dee'll notice."

gilbo

• Master of the oils
« Reply #8 on: December 02, 2020, 04:33:48 PM »

The bulkhead part is now a limited company, run by the same people with an extra director who "invested" (He is a chiropodist :stars)
I will refrain from further comment.  :whistle

Well at least the bulkhead 'feet' should be in good order  :agh

As to the OP if the word AVOID ever applied anywhere - it is to this lot!

Craig T

• Director
  • Lord of the Bearings
  • Member no : 6454
  • .:
  • 1967 109" Station Wagon, 1955 86" Station Wagon
« Reply #9 on: December 02, 2020, 04:42:34 PM »

I ordered some parts from them earlier in the year, arrived in a couple of days as ordered.

I think this is the same company I used to visit just outside of Dorking. My parents live very close so they used to be an easy source of bits that Dunsfold didn't have in stock.
Was run by a chap called David Halley, I just knew them as Hallies back then and they operated from a garage on the side of a semi.?

Craig.

Worf

• Master of the oils
  • Member no : 3448
  • .:
    • Aberdaron B&B
« Reply #10 on: December 02, 2020, 04:44:17 PM »

Well at least the bulkhead 'feet' should be in good order  :agh

I still wouldn't stick a toe in the water.

Wittsend

• Administrator
  • Lord of the Bearings
  • .:
« Reply #11 on: December 02, 2020, 05:08:38 PM »

Look

I have 1/4" copper pipe & fittings and I could bend a set for you.
Or you can have the OE steel pipes I discarded a while ago. I'm sure they will clean up.
I don't need them.

Let me know....

:brakes

Who's a then ?

diffwhine

• Acting Chairman
  • Director
  • Lord of the Bearings
  • Member no : 6762
  • .:
« Reply #12 on: December 02, 2020, 06:30:19 PM »

I don't know what the problem is with Pegasus. A few months ago, I contacted them about some screws to hold an ignition switch in place on a Series 3. Paul very kindly put 3 in the post almost immediately and sent them to me F.O.C.
I went over to his house to meet him some years ago with the remains of my Lightweight 2A bulkhead so that he had something to template a replacement. I found him to be a thoroughly friendly, knowledgeable and helpful person. However, judging by the comments on multiple forums (or should that be fora?) far far too many people have come unstuck with dire communication and payment issues. Given that what they build is good and the parts they sell are generally very useful, I can't understand why it always seems to go so wrong.
I'm tempted to drop him an email and ask for an explanation. There has to be a reason why this is happening and if the company (I think the parts business is a partnership as opposed to the bulkhead business being a limited company) perhaps he should be given an opportunity to explain why there are so many complaints of poor service and non supply of parts. Frankly, if he were deliberately trying to defraud people, surely its a bit stupid to run the business from one's home address and provide his and his wife's contact details on the website!
1965 88" Station Wagon
1968 Rover 1 Air Portable

autorover1

• S2C Member
  • Member of the socket set
  • Member no : 7157
  • .:
« Reply #13 on: December 02, 2020, 06:45:35 PM »

I ordered some parts from them earlier in the year, arrived in a couple of days as ordered.

I think this is the same company I used to visit just outside of Dorking. My parents live very close so they used to be an easy source of bits that Dunsfold didn't have in stock.
Was run by a chap called David Halley, I just knew them as Hallies back then and they operated from a garage on the side of a semi.?

Craig.
Was it in or near Dorking, if so  very knowledgeable, and helpful but its nearly 30 years ago since using them ?

landycyd

• Chassis welder
  • .:
« Reply #14 on: December 02, 2020, 08:01:08 PM »

I am surprised to hear that members are having problems with them I have always received my order.
They are very slow at processing orders I agree and fail miserably in responding to emails but my orders arrive eventual. Checking my records my last order for parts was in October 2020 and it took all of 14 days before they arrived.
As they manufacture the parts and dispatch them and are a two person business as some members suggest perhaps they get overwhelmed with orders from time to time.
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up

Page created in 0.072 seconds with 19 queries.