S2C Forum Archives

Advanced search  

News:

Our new forum is open for business:-  New Forum
To use the new forum you will need to re-register.

Please don't post anything on this forum.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Photo Vote / Calendar / Charity Donation  (Read 2203 times)

Alan Drover

• S2C Member
  • Lord of the Bearings
  • Member no : 7511
  • .:
Re: Photo Vote / Calendar / Charity Donation
« Reply #15 on: July 25, 2021, 09:33:15 PM »

Calendars are expensive to produce in small volumes and I wouldn't want an increase in fees door something I don't need as I get a freebie from LRO.
Series 3 owner but interested in all Land Rovers.
'Being born was my first big mistake!'

Ndrwdz

• Shop Manager
  • S2C Member
  • Master of the oils
  • Member no : 3755
  • .:
« Reply #16 on: July 26, 2021, 07:48:49 AM »

The Sea Kayaking club which I am a member of also have a Photo of the Month competition - and they produce a calendar of the resulting winners which is very popular.
I believe that they take pre-orders before printing which reduces their financial risk.

Andrew
[ºº]O O[ºº]

Genem

• Lord of the Bearings
  • Member no : 4186
  • .:
« Reply #17 on: July 26, 2021, 09:46:34 AM »

The Sea Kayaking club which I am a member of also have a Photo of the Month competition - and they produce a calendar of the resulting winners which is very popular.
I believe that they take pre-orders before printing which reduces their financial risk.

Andrew

^^^ That would be my suggestion, if people do want things like a Club calendar. A basic principle for operations like ours should be to avoid building stock of "dated" items, so a pre-order system for things like a calendar or an event specific mug etc. We've also removed the risk of excessive stocks of clothing through the deal with "Birds", whereby they will make good quality items to mail-order instead of our having boxes and boxes of tee-shirts, fleeces etc, all getting increasingly tatty as they were moved about, packed and unpacked, repacked...

https://www.birdsofdereham.com/shop/category/clubs-land-rover-series-2-club-269/
I'm not totally daft, some bits are missing

Wittsend

• Administrator
  • Lord of the Bearings
  • .:
« Reply #18 on: July 26, 2021, 10:01:42 AM »

What people could do is choose their own favourite "calendar" pictures from our PoM gallery.
Send the 12 pics to somewhere online that prints photo quality images and then you can buy a calendar spiral of the months and tape it to a backing card. So the months and days are not actually on the pictures.
If people wanted they could donate something to their charity of choice.

One problem with our collection of PoMs is that they are not all of the same image quality - size and number of pixels, so some wouldn't look too good if expanded and blown up to say, A4 size.

I don't run a colour (ink jet) printer anymore. Fed up with the cartridges drying up as the thing gets only once every Preston Guild. What I do now is use Moonpig. Email the image and by return of post they send a postcard print to any address I choose. Very effective and much, much cheaper than running a colour printer. Don't know if they do bigger prints, but someone must ???

We have no control of the images we use for the PoM, if people want higher res images they have to contact the photographer - one reason why we try and credit the photographer when we can.

Something like this ... auction: #252186584567

PS
Still working on updating the PoM gallery on the website - I have all the images now just need to run them through my web gallery generator (which is playing up after moving to a new computer), might not be until after the Rally now.

:RHD
Who's a then ?

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Page created in 0.044 seconds with 20 queries.