S2C Forum Archives

Advanced search  

News:

Our new forum is open for business:-  New Forum
To use the new forum you will need to re-register.

Please don't post anything on this forum.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Membership query.  (Read 1718 times)

kev

• S2C Member
  • Master of the oils
  • Member no : 6287
  • .:
  • Blah, blah, blah...
Membership query.
« on: October 19, 2019, 07:36:34 PM »

So, after 12 years on the forum, I finally decided to become a member at the end of 2018.  :thud :-X
It must be now nearing the time for my first renewal. - Do members receive a reminder, or will I have to try and look for my original membership details?
Thanks all. X

Wittsend

• Administrator
  • Lord of the Bearings
  • .:
Re: Membership query.
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2019, 07:46:18 PM »

You will get an email reminder.

Bear with us ... by the time your renewal is due our new online system should be fully operational and you'll be able to set up a Direct Debit mandate and then you'll never need to worry about renewing  :first

:RHD
Who's a then ?

kev

• S2C Member
  • Master of the oils
  • Member no : 6287
  • .:
  • Blah, blah, blah...
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2019, 08:56:23 PM »

Thank you for the prompt and concise reply sir. :tiphat

Genem

• Lord of the Bearings
  • Member no : 4186
  • .:
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2019, 09:01:27 PM »

So, after 12 years on the forum, I finally decided to become a member at the end of 2018.  :thud :-X
It must be now nearing the time for my first renewal. - Do members receive a reminder, or will I have to try and look for my original membership details?
Thanks all. X

Hi Kev, Your post is timely, I was going to write an explanatory post for everyone this weekend !

Anyway, your membership runs to 31st December and yes, you'll get an email reminder automatically from the new system and be able to pay directly using Paypay, Direct Debit and several other options. You'll be able to look in the system to see what details we hold on you, check them, change them, see contact details of the local Rep (John Stokes) and more...

The new system is up and running manually at the moment, I'm working my way through cross-checking all the details have carried over from the old system properly, no-one missed. Once that's done we will change the membership "landing page" to include a button taking people to the new system - "Crossmember", a version of a system developed by the Rover P6 Club and now used by a number of Clubs. We will also introduce a new style membership card that will be automatically printed as part of the new members welcome letter and for confirmation of renewals.

The cutover date to the new system was the start of this month. We need to experiment for a bit to see how this works best, so we'll run the new system for a while without deleting anyone to allow for late renewals and work out at what point we send a letter in the post as a final reminder.

Having a working and up to date email address will be key, it will significantly reduce the huge amount we spend on post....  Paper forms and cheques will still be there as an option but hopefully we can reduce the amount of manual data entry, trips to the post-office and bank etc. The system also allows using cards directly, so we can hopefully stop using the card-terminal, another bit of kit we are paying rental on.

Overall, having a system that is less complex for new and returning members, without the faff of paper forms, should make it easier for people to join and, once part of the Club, to stay.

Cheers

Gene Maxwell
Membership Sec

....and saying a HUGE thank-you to Dave Snape for his heroic efforts running the previous system, a star ! 
I'm not totally daft, some bits are missing

Ferret1958uk

• S2C Member
  • Chassis welder
  • Member no : 6604
  • .:
« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2019, 10:47:09 PM »

Still monitoring this. When is the new system and online form available? I intend to join...
Merlin
1964 Rover 8 FFR;
1968 Rover 11 GS;
1968 Rover 11 Fire Unit Truck, Guided Weapons;
1965 Alexander Pressings narrow track trailer

Genem

• Lord of the Bearings
  • Member no : 4186
  • .:
« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2019, 12:00:07 AM »

Still monitoring this. When is the new system and online form available? I intend to join...

I am doing a final cross-check of the data. Once I'm 100% certain that the data in the new system is right, we'll be ready to put it online. Hoping to finish the checks this weekend.

G.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.049 seconds with 20 queries.