S2C Forum Archives

Advanced search  

News:

Our new forum is open for business:-  New Forum
To use the new forum you will need to re-register.

Please don't post anything on this forum.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Syncro Gearboxes Customer Service - the bad.  (Read 2502 times)

Davidss

• S2C Member
  • Grand master of the oils
  • Member no : 2241
  • .:
Syncro Gearboxes Customer Service - the bad.
« on: October 17, 2019, 02:52:14 PM »

I'd like your opinions please.
Recently Syncro Gearboxes have had a top banner on their website, it read:
ATTENTION! We will not be processing orders between Saturday 5th October and Wednesday 16th October due to annual leave.
During this time we have a 10% discount sale - use the coupon 'syncrooct' when checking out.
This coupon will not be valid after you have processed the order so don't miss out!
Orders will be processed on our return on Wed 16th Oct.

That lead me to think that the discount was available on 16th October, instead the coupon 'syncrooct' got an 'expired' response.
What do you think should have happened?

Regards.

Phil2014

• Gear shifter
  • Member no : 4721
  • .:
  • Borders area rep
Re: Syncro Gearboxes Customer Service - the bad.
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2019, 03:07:57 PM »

The way I read that is, any orders placed while they are closed using the discount code will get a discount, these orders will then be processed on their return?
Phil.

Formerlyjeremy

• Swivel King
  • .:
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2019, 05:34:36 PM »

It could be that their speciality is gearboxes rather than grammar.

Davidss

• S2C Member
  • Grand master of the oils
  • Member no : 2241
  • .:
« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2019, 08:30:54 AM »

It could be that their speciality is gearboxes rather than grammar.

Thanks to both for your comments.
The post about 'grammar' is ironic, although I can understand you were not aware of that prior to posting.

After attempting to place an order, twice, I wanted to ask advice in case I had misunderstood their instructions.
Their contact page says:
"Please email your enquiries to Syncrogearboxes @ hotmail.com or alternatively use the form below." (They put the spaces in the displayed address).
This makes it appear they prefer 'grammar' to speech; no phone number is given.
I gave a brief explanation of the situation, ending with the request, 'Please advise'.

That was in the morning of the 16th. Within 30 minutes the banner offering the discount had been removed, but there had been no response by the time I made my post here (after lunch the next day, the 17th).
It was this lack of engagement which had me adding 'the bad' to the topic title.
Neither has any response been received by the time I made this post.
I have just re-checked my Spam box, nothing there, so I haven't missed a response.

It is this blatent display of bad manners and contempt for the customer that irritates me.

As a matter of interest, as I didn't authorise Paypal payment the order is still sitting the the 'cart'. I had half expected that to be cancelled by SG by now.

Regards.

Formerlyjeremy

• Swivel King
  • .:
« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2019, 10:01:10 AM »

Its very difficult running a small business - there's pressure to compete on price - and staff cost money - as does time spent away from doing productive work.  By this I mean time spent on telephones both to customers and suppliers.  Yes staff can be employes - but strangely they have to be paid and finding someone who can answer detailed queries about gearboxes may not be easy.

One of the big suppliers tried a discount scheme for orders placed over the internet rather than by phone - so its not a problem confined to minnows.

(Try being nice to someone who has turned up uninvited when you're in the middle of spraying paint!)

Nomisb

• S2C Member
  • Hub seal tester
  • Member no : 7219
  • .:
« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2019, 12:07:21 PM »

Its very difficult running a small business - there's pressure to compete on price - and staff cost money - as does time spent away from doing productive work.  By this I mean time spent on telephones both to customers and suppliers.  Yes staff can be employes - but strangely they have to be paid and finding someone who can answer detailed queries about gearboxes may not be easy.

One of the big suppliers tried a discount scheme for orders placed over the internet rather than by phone - so its not a problem confined to minnows.

(Try being nice to someone who has turned up uninvited when you're in the middle of spraying paint!)

Yep - I can remember answering the telephone as a kid forgetting the golden rule - unless it was after six it will about work - and having to explain to a rather irate site manage that what he was telling me to do to myself was anatomically impossible and did he just want to talk to my dad.

The fact that a holiday has shut the company down gives you an idea about the size of the company. These are the sort of guys we should be supporting......   
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.07 seconds with 21 queries.