S2C Forum Archives

Advanced search  

News:

Our new forum is open for business:-  New Forum
To use the new forum you will need to re-register.

Please don't post anything on this forum.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Series 2 Club Security Service proposal  (Read 1873 times)

andyphillipou

Series 2 Club Security Service proposal
« on: November 09, 2019, 08:31:54 PM »

Dear all, am thinking out load here but I had an idea following the recent spate of club members land rover thefts.

We would all love to have sort of realtime security on our Series but I guess for most, the cost can be prohibitive.

There are several security monitoring vendors in the market place
The cost in some cases for a tracker is under £100 but the monitoring service is much more on an annual basis.

What if every member could agree to an increase of £1 or£2 on membership costs per year to cover the cost to the service provider and pay a discounted price for the tracker.

This could be partly offset by the club speaking to an insurance provider and arrange a reasonable discount based on ALL club members being under that insurance provider.

I know it means change for most of the members re their insurance provider, as well as small in crease in cost but as a collective we have the buying power to drive those costs down and get piece of mind with some type of real time monitoring?

It's something that Martin lewis is famous for (buying power of thousands signing up together for insurance, utility etc annual renewals).

Just a thought to the club exec and members. Alan, what you say?

Phil2014

• Gear shifter
  • Member no : 4721
  • .:
  • Borders area rep
Re: Series 2 Club Security Service proposal
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2019, 09:22:54 PM »

I’ve been thinking about trackers recently too, it seems the affordable ones are so easy to block that it isn’t worth bothering with them. The last time I had anything to do with trackers was with a couple of new Subaru Imprezas, in 2004 and 2006, without a tracker fitted, no insurance companies would even give a quote. I wonder if Land Rovers will head the same way if things continue as they are? I would be happy for an increase in membership fee, £21 is an absolute bargain for what you get. 
Phil.

Genem

• Lord of the Bearings
  • Member no : 4186
  • .:
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2019, 12:54:55 AM »

A good idea Andy but it does rely on 2000 people all agreeing to go with that one provider - and if my short time in the Club has taught me one thing its that the members are of an Independent frame of mind...

???
I'm not totally daft, some bits are missing

100+9

« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2019, 10:23:23 AM »

A good idea Andy but it does rely on 2000 people all agreeing to go with that one provider - and if my short time in the Club has taught me one thing its that the members are of an Independent frame of mind...

???

I'm definitely 'in'. But yes along with the 'independent' mindedness and almost legendary tight-wad nature, I suspect Genem has it right. Witness the "What's the value of X" type threads, and see where they head. For kick-off, it won't be £2-3 will it?
As soon as anything near market-price is mentioned, you'll hear cries of "It's not worth that?!" Doubt this...

https://www.series2club.co.uk/new_forum/index.php?topic=600.msg8230;topicseen#msg8230

And there's many like it. By the finish of this thread the conclusion was, a now very rare engine, which in 'pig-in-a-poke' condition fetches £7-800 all day long, is worth £200.

Sorry but it's true.

oilstain

• S2C Member
  • Member of the socket set
  • Member no : 3140
  • .:
  • Whom the gods would destroy they first make mad
« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2019, 04:31:15 PM »

Would it be a idea :bright-idea
to get a BIG club discount  on some sort of foot pedal lock cover, I'm sure a expert on here who has looked at such things will know the best ???
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.041 seconds with 19 queries.