S2C Forum Archives

Advanced search  

News:

Our new forum is open for business:-  New Forum
To use the new forum you will need to re-register.

Please don't post anything on this forum.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Jaguar Land Rover news??  (Read 692 times)

Ian F

• S2C Member
  • Master of the oils
  • Member no : 7756
  • .:
Jaguar Land Rover news??
« on: April 04, 2023, 05:19:57 PM »

https://youtu.be/rUg6HWljSj8

Any thoughts on this on-line article?

Ian F
1961 SWB Basic petrol 2.25

Supercal2007

• S2C Member
  • Master of the oils
  • Member no : 5376
  • .:
Jaguar Land Rover news??
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2023, 07:52:45 PM »

Well, I think all car dealers days are numbered. They will be "collection and service  points".
I also think that JLR have made such a hash of things recently, they are doomed. Can anyone else think of another manufacturer with over 200,000 cars on back order for customers AND with lead times of over 3 years? JLR are taking orders for cars they will never be able to supply. That's going to result in a lot of unhappy customers. Unfortunately I don't think JLR even care.

Birdsnet55

• S2C Member
  • Gear shifter
  • Member no : 7589
  • .:
  • Series 2a 1966 station Wagon
Jaguar Land Rover news??
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2023, 08:48:33 PM »

Calum do you think it's TaTa to them?

Paul

Supercal2007

• S2C Member
  • Master of the oils
  • Member no : 5376
  • .:
Jaguar Land Rover news??
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2023, 09:26:11 PM »

Lol!!

The Shed

• S2C Member
  • Master of the oils
  • Member no : 33
  • .:
Jaguar Land Rover news??
« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2023, 10:44:03 PM »

https://youtu.be/rUg6HWljSj8

Any thoughts on this on-line article?

Ian F
Yea I think this is the future for dealerships, apparently other manufacturers already follow this business model.
Bit off when they force dealerships to toe the corporate line then pull the rug?

LN11AAB498A

• S2C Member
  • Master of the oils
  • Member no : 7099
  • .:
  • 2A or not 2A that is the question Will Shakespeare
Re: Jaguar Land Rover news??
« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2023, 02:21:07 PM »

"Final Curtain: As we went to press, Jaguar announced details of a special edition F-Type to celebrate 75 years of Jaguar sports cars but tragically in the second line of the press release was the portentous phrase `final model year update` signalling that 2023 will be the final year of production for the car - and therefore more chillingly, the final year for the line of Jaguar sports cars which began in 1948 with the launch of the XK120.

JLR focuses the company's production priorities on high-margin Land Rovers & Range Rovers.

As a result, production of both XE & XF saloons has been `paused`........... French analyst company Inovev suggested earlier this year that the XE & XF  are now permanently discontinued."

Jaguar World December 2022.

Few car manufactures can boast the racing heritage & pedigree as does Jaguar. e.g. Jaguar had four wins at Le Mans in the 1950s with both C & D-Types. The former taking 1st, 2nd, 4th & 9th in 1954 & the latter achieving 170 mph, taking 1st in 1955, 56 & 57. In 1988 & 1990, XJR prototypes won the the 24-hour Le Mans.

And now, what do Jaguar have for us? Things called Cross-Overs & SUV`s  :agh

Is this a case of the public gets what it wants or, more probably, the public gets what it`s given?

I`ve been fortunate to live through some of the best motoring years, where each manufacturer had it`s own look, and each car, good or bad, had it`s own identity, soul & charm. It may seem a strange thing to say, but you had to drive those cars, to be in sympathy with them.

None of that can be said of the modern incarnation of the horseless carriage, where bland, featureless, passionless & soulless are evidently what car manufacturers & designers are striving to produce. And so much so that eventually we`ll end up with only a handful of international manufacturers producing almost identical vehicles. And that`s not so hard to believe either, just think about the very large number of British car manufacturers who, over the decades, have either gone bust or have been swallowed up by other larger ones because they couldn`t survive individually, only to disappear for ever. British Leyland (BL) in it`s various guises were responsible for this many times over.

Therefore, this is not new to the industry, it`s a trend long in the making.

And is all this the reason for the current popularity for buying old classic`s? I think it all makes more and more sense. And therein lays the Series 2 Club  :first
Fred

Blessed are they who endure life with a silly name

autorover1

• S2C Member
  • Member of the socket set
  • Member no : 7157
  • .:
« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2023, 02:40:02 PM »

Yea I think this is the future for dealerships, apparently other manufacturers already follow this business model.
Bit off when they force dealerships to toe the corporate line then pull the rug?
I think this way of working with customers has been in the pipeline for many years.   I am a member of the Austin Ex Apprentices Association  and we had an after dinner speech from  a board member of Vertu Motors Plc some 5 or 6 years ago who forecast that this was the future

Andy P

• Director
  • Chassis welder
  • Member no : 4905
  • .:
  • 1971 SIIA Lightweight, 1961 SIIA
« Reply #7 on: April 06, 2023, 02:47:39 PM »

The INEOS Grenadier has stepped in to save the day re the Defender, IMHO what a daft decision by Land Rover to stop production.
Advertising & Discounts Manager
Bristol Area Representative
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.054 seconds with 20 queries.