S2C Forum Archives

Advanced search  

News:

Our new forum is open for business:-  New Forum
To use the new forum you will need to re-register.

Please don't post anything on this forum.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Talk on forward control  (Read 1795 times)

Sheepman

• S2C Member
  • Hub seal tester
  • Member no : 4270
  • .:
Talk on forward control
« on: March 29, 2020, 08:28:52 PM »

As I have time now to wonder on things, I was thinking there does’nt appear to be anyone on here that discusses the forward control 2a and 2b  does anyone have either of these with any views we could mull over in the coming months........

Tom

• Master of the oils
  • Member no : 3375
  • .:
Re: Talk on forward control
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2020, 09:34:00 PM »

There are a few folk on the forum who own FC land rovers.

Calum is documenting the rebuild of his FC in the restorations section of the forum
https://www.series2club.co.uk/new_forum/index.php/topic,169.0.html

Other than that, you are right. Things are a bit quiet on the FC front at the moment - maybe folk are just getting on with other projects  :thud

linesrg

• Chassis welder
  • .:
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2020, 10:54:33 AM »

Good Morning All,

I'm confused. You advertise something at £13,000 and it doesn't sell, so you repost it at £13,500 - auction: #143565744057

Regards

Richard

Formerlyjeremy

• Swivel King
  • .:
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2020, 11:30:25 AM »

Is that the one which was pictured removing its own engine?

Price - the concept of things being re-assuringly expensive?

Genem

• Lord of the Bearings
  • Member no : 4186
  • .:
« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2020, 11:51:23 AM »

Given the rubbishy pictures - covered in dust, dull location etc, I suspect this may be a "Yes Dear, I'm trying to sell it but..."

:whistle

That particular one is an interesting example for someone interested in marketing. The 300Tdi engine and crane imply its intended to be a useful workhorse rather than an "original, collectable", which probably means it falls into the gap between two stools, not a particularly attractive working vehicle at that sort of price and of reduced interest to the collector end of the market because its "wrong" ?

If I wanted a working vehicle on a farm, for that price I'd not be going for something 50+ years old with a high centre of gravity and a reputation for falling over on side-slopes... and a crane that may or may not work after you've spent money fixing it.  As a comparison, you could have bought this considerably younger Unimog and still had £3k in your pocket.

https://www.unimogs.co.uk/our-stock/unimogs/u1300ag-project-unimog-full-agricultural-spec-u1300ag-u0838
I'm not totally daft, some bits are missing

Jepster

• S2C Member
  • Chassis welder
  • Member no : 3243
  • .:
« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2020, 02:20:19 PM »

I'm still waiting for someone to beg for a Harvey Frost Crane for a FC, specially canted beams so that the tailgate can close. Billy Bonus!
Calon lan yn Lloegr

linesrg

• Chassis welder
  • .:
« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2020, 11:49:26 AM »

Given the rubbishy pictures - covered in dust, dull location etc, I suspect this may be a "Yes Dear, I'm trying to sell it but..."

:whistle

That particular one is an interesting example for someone interested in marketing. The 300Tdi engine and crane imply its intended to be a useful workhorse rather than an "original, collectable", which probably means it falls into the gap between two stools, not a particularly attractive working vehicle at that sort of price and of reduced interest to the collector end of the market because its "wrong" ?

If I wanted a working vehicle on a farm, for that price I'd not be going for something 50+ years old with a high centre of gravity and a reputation for falling over on side-slopes... and a crane that may or may not work after you've spent money fixing it.  As a comparison, you could have bought this considerably younger Unimog and still had £3k in your pocket.

https://www.unimogs.co.uk/our-stock/unimogs/u1300ag-project-unimog-full-agricultural-spec-u1300ag-u0838

There's a lot not original about it so it is a lot of money for something few would be interested in - now the Unimog is a completely different ball game but this is a Land Rover forum....

Regards

Richard

Genem

• Lord of the Bearings
  • Member no : 4186
  • .:
« Reply #7 on: March 31, 2020, 10:18:26 PM »

^^^^ Reinforces my point. Its not original enough for the purists and its not a particularly good working vehicle for the money either.

G.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.048 seconds with 23 queries.