S2C Forum Archives

Advanced search  

News:

Our new forum is open for business:-  New Forum
To use the new forum you will need to re-register.

Please don't post anything on this forum.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: 602s Average mileage in Freelander and Hyundai.  (Read 509 times)

w3526602

• S2C Member
  • Lord of the Bearings
  • Member no : 3779
  • .:
602s Average mileage in Freelander and Hyundai.
« on: March 12, 2022, 04:50:35 AM »

Hi,

Sorry, I can't find yesterdays input about the running costs of her's and my cars. Probably me!

Whatever, using their MOT histories .....

The Hyundai IX20 had clocked 7615 miles at about her third birthday (MOT). As there had been no previous MOTs, I can only take the average, so that's 2538 miles per year.

The Freelander clocked 2287 miles between MOTs, which covered my first years ownership

That seems to be a total of 4825 miles.

I know the Freelander drinks about £50 of diesel every month, but have nothing in my memory banks about how often I refuel the Hyundai.. I guess I'll have to browse through our credit card statements ... and as I use whatever card comes first .... that's a lot of paper. Perhaps I should keep one card only for fuel and the Saturday newspapers... I seldom spent money on anything else (although I used a card to buy the Freelander, and pay for it's new clutch, and remove the nasty noise from the transmission).

I'm a married man ... I seldom see cash.  :cheers

Replacing both Freelander and Hyundai, with a brand new Plebmobile will (should) cut insurance and VED in half, possibly more, eliminate MOT for a few years, save me buying new tyres for both cars (still some mileage left in the existing tyres) and cut the fuel bills.

We also need to carry the next two generations of offspring, Wilkie, and a wheelchair, which suggests we should consider A Dacia Logan ... a stretched version of the Duster/Sandero.

Back to the drawing board.  :stars

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.043 seconds with 19 queries.