S2C Forum Archives

Advanced search  

News:

Our new forum is open for business:-  New Forum
To use the new forum you will need to re-register.

Please don't post anything on this forum.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Anybody clued up on ACCIENT INSURANCE?  (Read 497 times)

w3526602

• S2C Member
  • Lord of the Bearings
  • Member no : 3779
  • .:
Anybody clued up on ACCIENT INSURANCE?
« on: April 29, 2022, 07:17:31 AM »

Hi,

Same old Same Old. Barbara!

After three falls (Ambulance crew to hump her back into her power chair), the controller said there would be a three hour wait for the fourth, so we called the Fire Brigade ... and again the time after that ... which is when stuff hit the fan.

The Crew Chief, got Barbara out from between her Adjustamatic arm-chair and the wall (upside down), then donned his military Drill Sergeant hat, and demanded we get her into hospital, where she stayed for about three weeks

On discharge, but confined to bed, she has a social working team visiting four times daily, telling me to leave the room. When I asked, they told me she was booked for this treatment for a total of six months.

To the point. We have had Accident Insurance for nearly 60 years. One claim, to have a hole drilled in my skull.  Then we received a letter say that the policy terminated on Barbara's 80th birhday, which was three or four days after after being admitted to hospital.

The criteria for payment is "spending a night in hospital".  By our calculations, Barbara is entitled to at least three, maybe four, possibly as many as twentyish days payment, depending on the small print.

Barbara informed the Insurers by Email, from hospital, but did not quote the policy number. She assumed that as the Insurers knew her name and address (when they wrote to us three weeks earlier), they could find her file IF they wanted to. The Policy was still active (just) at the time of her accident.

When you are up to your, er,  "armpits" in alligators, it can be difficult remembering that the prime objective is to drain the swamp.

Our daughter, who is used to dealing with large sums of money, and businesses, says to contact the Insurance Ombudsman. Does anybody have any other ideas?

Hopefully, we are reaching the end of this saga.  My thanks to those who kept reading/advising.

FAO Alan.   We still subscribe to BENEDEN.  I suggested to Barbara that she should move into a private hospital room, but she wanted home more than privacy.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.072 seconds with 22 queries.