S2C Forum Archives

Advanced search  

News:

Our new forum is open for business:-  New Forum
To use the new forum you will need to re-register.

Please don't post anything on this forum.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: WANTED Small box trailer near Milton Keynes.  (Read 667 times)

w3526602

• S2C Member
  • Lord of the Bearings
  • Member no : 3779
  • .:
WANTED Small box trailer near Milton Keynes.
« on: June 10, 2022, 07:30:52 PM »

Hi,

I need to move another load of soil, and a load of concrete rock faced blocks to the tip. A skip will cost me about £200, and do the job in one go, but my knees will resent me asking  that of them.

I'm thinking that a 4ft x 3ft, or 6ft x 4ft, trailer behind the Freelander, loaded with buckets of soil will take the time pressure off me.

So, I'm looking for something with a half ton MGW, in rough and ready condition, for not a load of bucks. Such things do exist, but not near me. I anticipate having to buy a trailer lamp bar.

If I'm lucky, then the trailer will also be available, to borrow, by Club members living not to far away. ???

The rock-face blocks form a raised flower bed, but whoever built it obviously economised on cement when mixing the mortar, so it's falling apart. If you want the blocks and are prepared to collect, just come and get them (Two Mile Ash). Similarly, the soil, but I have no idea how deep it goes.  I have also removed a 10 metre  long feather edge fence, 2 metres high, nails removed, neatly stacked, free to collector, neatly stacked, but no posts. (There was a much newer fence, belonging to me, on the other side. Very strange. ???)

The 50ft  fence along the rear boundary, will be replaced eventually, with old fence free to collector.

w3526602

• S2C Member
  • Lord of the Bearings
  • .:
WANTED Small box trailer near Milton Keynes.
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2022, 11:21:16 AM »

Hi Taz,

I replied to you by PM, a couple of days ago. And again today, but I'm not certain that went anywhere

Wittsend

• Administrator
  • Lord of the Bearings
  • .:
Re: WANTED Small box trailer near Milton Keynes.
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2022, 09:32:58 PM »

This is crazy, you shouldn't be without access to your emails  :shakeinghead

What make/model of computer do you have ???

1) Do you know a young teenager locally who could reset your email program ?
This is computer studies 101.
or
2) There must be a local computer shop who could reset your email program while you wait at the counter.
or
3) Your local community must/may have computer sessions for seniors where they could set up your email.
Why not ask at your local library.

Your loss of email should be very quick to fix.

Who's a then ?

w3526602

• S2C Member
  • Lord of the Bearings
  • .:
« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2022, 06:34:58 AM »

Hi Alan,

My PC is a HUAWEI (I'm reluctant to unplug everything to read the small print on the underside). It was purchased when Windows declared they were no longer going to support Windows 8, so maybe a couple of years ago.

I don't know any teenagers ... my grandson is now 21, but my daughter says he is worse than I am. My daughter seems to know her way round stuff, but she is a Bank Manager (Business), at the MK Headquarters of an international bank ... she never seems to stop working. I'm reluctant to but-in. (20 years ago she was a "fish-wife", helping her husband - now ex-husband - fillet fish, in a wet-fish shop, in the East End of London).

I could just about manage Windows 8, but never settled into Windows 10. And now they are threatening me with Windows 11.

And now my young ladies have arrived, and are insisting I strip and get into the shower ... no sense of timing, its 06.30, for Heavens sake.

Wittsend

• Administrator
  • Lord of the Bearings
  • .:
« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2022, 07:25:20 AM »

On second thoughts perhaps you are better off with no email.

If your circle of contacts is small you probably won't miss email.
It means you will never get bothered with spam and scam emails.

Windows 8 was a terrible OS, Windows 10 was quite good and stable - Windows 10 is dead, RiP - Windows 11 is very good.
Find a computer shop to reset your computer.

Robin

• Master of the oils
  • Member no : 2811
  • .:
  • patNrob on old forum
    • Land Rover Classic Campers
« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2022, 08:09:23 AM »

602, I see you are using AOL for your email - you should be able to access your emails (if you know your password!) by using Webmail.
That means going to the AOL website and getting to your emails directly from them rather than using a client or mail program on your computer.

When you go to the AOL website, you should see an envelope in the top right corner of the page; click on that and enter your email address and password and you should be able to see your emails.

Click HERE for aol.com

LRCC: Land Rover Classic Campers - 1967 Carawagon, 200TDi, completed & in use - 1972 109"quot SW Carawagon, 2.5NA, completed & in use - 1958 Carawagon project. - 1971 Carawagon project. - ! - 1974 Dormobile project.

w3526602

• S2C Member
  • Lord of the Bearings
  • .:
« Reply #6 on: October 29, 2022, 05:57:00 PM »

Hi All,

Come the imminent end of W.8, I told Barbara to buy me a new PC, and asked a local (but just starting out) bloke to set it up for W.10.

He told me that my then User Name was not acceptable to W.10, so I added a few character to make it acceptable. That was the end of my email receipts. I have my doubts about his competence.

Barbara is able to receive (unasked) my Email (old user name) on her Kindle.

My original "Font of all PC Knowledge" lives in South Wales.

602 (Who has forgotten how to access any Email)

Wittsend

• Administrator
  • Lord of the Bearings
  • .:
« Reply #7 on: November 02, 2022, 06:29:42 PM »

South Wales is no good, you need someone in Milton Keynes.

With a new PC bought today you will get Windows 11 a better operating system than Windows 10 which is now considered obsolete.
Any computer person worth their salt would know this.

Or you could just go into the Apple shop in MK and they will sell you a nice new MacBook and set it up for you. It will work straight out of the box!

What you need is someone (local) to set up your email program and they should be able to use your AOL email address - [email protected]
They can then put a "hot tab" on your desk top, which you simply click to open (and read) your emails.
You can also have a "hot tab" to open up the forum for you, etc. etc.

This is basic "How to use a computer 101" just after the lesson on "How to turn it on".

:geek

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.071 seconds with 19 queries.