S2C Forum Archives

Advanced search  

News:

Our new forum is open for business:-  New Forum
To use the new forum you will need to re-register.

Please don't post anything on this forum.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: "Oh the pain!"  (Read 631 times)

w3526602

• S2C Member
  • Lord of the Bearings
  • Member no : 3779
  • .:
"Oh the pain!"
« on: October 21, 2022, 11:09:28 AM »

HI,

Did anybody notice? I've been off-line, I think since Saturday .... no internet.

Just to make it interesting, it was a double whammy ... OPEN REACH had been playing Silly Bs with the underground cables, affecting all life's little pleasures, like TV and telephone. But when they came back, the Internet didn't.

Barbara managed to get an engineer to visit, who found the fault in the built in "trunking" inside the walls of our bungalow. He said it looked like a rat had chewed a cable.

The Shed

• S2C Member
  • Master of the oils
  • Member no : 33
  • .:
Re: "Oh the pain!"
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2022, 06:58:35 PM »

HI,

Did anybody notice? I've been off-line, I think since Saturday .... no internet.

Just to make it interesting, it was a double whammy ... OPEN REACH had been playing Silly Bs with the underground cables, affecting all life's little pleasures, like TV and telephone. But when they came back, the Internet didn't.

Barbara managed to get an engineer to visit, who found the fault in the built in "trunking" inside the walls of our bungalow. He said it looked like a rat had chewed a cable.

Think I would be more worried about the possible rat presence rather than the lack of interweb !

w3526602

• S2C Member
  • Lord of the Bearings
  • Member no : 3779
  • .:
Re: "Oh the pain!"
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2022, 06:47:21 AM »

Hi Shed,

This estate was built, mid 1980s, with underground provision for future fibre-optics, and hatches in the front and rear walls. I do not know what trunking,     if any, is between the brick outer wall and the inner timber frame.

I'm guessing that the timber for the frame was "treated", and included some sort of anti-vermin poison. We occasionally see a rat running along the fence. I assume they live in the woods at the end of the cul-de-sac, five houses down.

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.032 seconds with 19 queries.