S2C Forum Archives

Advanced search  

News:

Our new forum is open for business:-  New Forum
To use the new forum you will need to re-register.

Please don't post anything on this forum.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Reconditioned Series 2 wiper motors  (Read 1561 times)

1959 2052 lwb Fred

Reconditioned Series 2 wiper motors
« on: November 14, 2019, 03:32:47 PM »

auction: #223749813657

Apologies if these have been on here before?

Just wondering if anyone has bought these off eBay yet. 1st and most obviously they are very expensive. Also look at his other items. It looks like it is cheaper to buy them individually unless I have missed something?

AlexB

• S2C Member
  • Member of the socket set
  • Member no : 4139
  • .:
Reconditioned Series 2 wiper motors
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2019, 03:40:30 PM »

I am pretty sure that the seller featured in LRO or Classic Landrover a few years ago. He has a shed in the hills in a "mobile home / caravan park" and does up smiths heaters and wiper motors

I went to see him earlier this year to get him to weld up a heater matrix. Sadly it was too far gone

From what he was saying re the wiper motors, he can sell these at that price as fast as he can do them (esp stateside).

Out of interest !
"Ne jetez plus ! Ce qui est inutile pour vous, est utile pour les autres" Abbé Pierre

1959 2052 lwb Fred

Re: Reconditioned Series 2 wiper motors
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2019, 05:47:31 PM »

Ok thanks for that. Looks like a vote of confidence there! Decent wiper motors were hard to find a few years ago. The main problem was the seals letting water past and either filling the motor body of some other parts of the cabin. I could never seem to get a satisfactory result when I tried to mend them myself :whistle
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.037 seconds with 18 queries.