S2C Forum Archives

Advanced search  

News:

Our new forum is open for business:-  New Forum
To use the new forum you will need to re-register.

Please don't post anything on this forum.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Does anyone have any first hand experience of the following company and product  (Read 1771 times)

Exile

• S2C Member
  • Grand master of the oils
  • Member no : 5203
  • .:

Thanks DW.  :tiphat
"If you want to be happy, be" -  Leo Tolstoy.

• Master of the oils

It a bit chicken and egg, but the firms that sell chassis sections 1/2 and 1/4s do they make a full chassis then cut it up or have jig stops in the press tools?

w3526602

• S2C Member
  • Lord of the Bearings
  • Member no : 3779
  • .:

Hi,

There is something in my mind about somebody called DESIGNA CHASSIS, but that was many many years ago.

I understood Marsland were more orientated towards coiler chassis. ???

Personally, I'd have to think about future-proofing against oil-burners being banned, before spending big money on a project. I 've found that 40hp electric motors, intended for canal boats, start at around £5,000, but that still leaves the batteries. Half a dozen Discovery starter batteries at £100+ each might (or might not ???) be suitable for SHORT journeys, where deep discharge is not likely to be a problem.

The recent cold snap, and shortage of screen de-icer, has made me think about installing an EV charging socket (or two) next to my exterior meter box, initially to provide "pre-heating". Does anybody have any experience? Maybe I should just clear the garage?

• Master of the oils

Wise words, re outlay.  Its just the allure of fit and forget, galvanised items to see off the ravages of time.

Designa were a company that offered essentially series wheelbase chassis with coil spring seats on in place of leaf furniture.

There were a few featured in the magazines over the years, a swb that the editors did with a 2.5 turbo in being the most memorable.

Also me be in the firing line as a heavy oil engined vehicle, I suspect despite the outcry that the mot and tax exemption may get reviewed along with ulez exemptions.

Wittsend

• Administrator
  • Lord of the Bearings
  • .:

2286 - You have your answer - look elsewhere for a chassis.

602 - Clear the garage out. Garages are for cars, a garden shed is for stuff you can't get in the house :shed
You'll also be in compliance with your insurance policy.

Petrol/Diesel cars will be around for many years to come so I wouldn't worry about that. I don't and I'm younger than you.

This cold spell - we call it winter - shows up battery performance/failings like nothing else.

:xmas truck

Who's a then ?

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Page created in 0.035 seconds with 18 queries.