S2C Forum Archives

Advanced search  

News:

Our new forum is open for business:-  New Forum
To use the new forum you will need to re-register.

Please don't post anything on this forum.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Car Transporters in/near Milton Keynes  (Read 1765 times)

w3526602

• S2C Member
  • Lord of the Bearings
  • Member no : 3779
  • .:
Car Transporters in/near Milton Keynes
« on: February 09, 2020, 05:23:17 PM »

Hi,

Sorry, I lost the thread about moving a project S2 to Two Mile Ash, MK8, so have stated again.

Just to complicate matters, my No.1 laptop is now back into "NO INTERNET MODE", and while my No.2 laptop acknowledges that I do exist after all, actually connected me to this forum, it's playing hardball.

Right, I found a Transit based car transporter parked at the side of the road, less than a quarter mile from my home.
Finding the owner was more difficult, let alone the language barrier ... Polish!

Whatever, his boss (or advisor?)on the telephone said £100, based on 30 miles there, and presumably 30 miles back. Very little wasted distance.

Comments please?

Next question ... should I dig up the scrubby but not too unattractive hedge, to make a 3 metre gap on the corner. As mentioned previously, the kerb has been dropped, presumably for the benefit of invalid buggies. But the house on the opposite side has obviously been doing what I want to do, for many years. I really must resubscribe to Garden Law Forum.

GlenAnderson

• S2C Member
  • Grand master of the oils
  • Member no : 1135
  • .:
Re: Car Transporters in/near Milton Keynes
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2020, 07:15:34 PM »

Sounds cheap to me. It cost £60 to hire a car trailer, and another £53.40 for a van to tow it, for a 24H period, to move Oldun’s Land-Rover last month.
It’s not air, it’s adjustment.

w3526602

• S2C Member
  • Lord of the Bearings
  • .:
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2020, 05:34:29 AM »

Hi,

In the 1990sv I mused to "operate" (and was insured) a horse-transporters service in South Wales, using a Series One and trailer horse box. Well ... it helped to pass the time. I even had an Animal Movements book.

The horse trailer doubled as a mobile stall ... a local antique dealer used to do the Sunday Market, I'd leave her there, with the trailer, and collect her in the evening.

I'd also charge the local "youths" a fiver to collect their motor bikes from Pontardawe police station.

Later, I had a car transporter trailer ... my longest journey in that was taking a LWB S1, from Swansea to somewhere in Lancashire. Four hundred and sixty miles ... Started with a full tank, got back home running on fumes .... I think I refuelled four times.

Oh, and I collected a Hillman Imp from somewhere on the East Coast of Kent, but that was for my own use. Would that have been 300 miles each way, in one day?

109+1

• S2C Member
  • Gear shifter
  • Member no : 3618
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2020, 01:41:21 PM »

Ha pm you John

w3526602

• S2C Member
  • Lord of the Bearings
  • .:
« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2020, 06:07:16 PM »

PM received.

w3526602

• S2C Member
  • Lord of the Bearings
  • .:
« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2020, 07:14:32 PM »

Hi,.

Apparently the problem has solved itself. An alternative vehicle is available "on site".

Thanks to all.

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.058 seconds with 20 queries.