S2C Forum Archives

Advanced search  

News:

Our new forum is open for business:-  New Forum
To use the new forum you will need to re-register.

Please don't post anything on this forum.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Local knowledge ... traders in Milton Keynes.  (Read 1194 times)

w3526602

• S2C Member
  • Lord of the Bearings
  • Member no : 3779
  • .:
Local knowledge ... traders in Milton Keynes.
« on: March 27, 2020, 05:43:31 PM »

Hi,

I'm about to start making a tool to "hand crank" my next project (when the current crisis permits it's delivery).

I'm looking for a 120mm length of MS bar, at least 6mm thick and 80mm wide. I can live with any of those dimensions being a little bit bigger, particularly the thickness, So ... STEEL STOCKHOLDERS in Bletchley/Stony Stratford area? I presume that a Steel Stockholdert will also stock nuts and bolts?

Then I'll need a Series 2 splined wheel stub, and double ended wheel nut. I can probably live with a 16mm stud and nut, from an S3, but i suspect the nut will be shorter. Is there a BEARMACH stockist in/near Milton Keynes? Or anybody who stocks Series parts,

Can anyone suggest the drilling size for 9/16" and 16mm splined wheel stud? I always drilled 9/16" dia when replacing Series screw-in wheel studs with the splined type, but that was because I already had a 9/16" drill bit. It seemed to work, though I usually sacrificed the nut I used for doing the "pulling".

I won't need to do any welding. The nut will not unscrew, provide I select First or Reverse, as appropriate, so I keep turning the engine clockwise.

talljohn

• S2C Member
  • Hub seal tester
  • Member no : 6318
  • .:
Re: Local knowledge ... traders in Milton Keynes.
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2020, 06:20:11 PM »

Get in touch with Mark at MJ Harris fabrication in Maids Moreton. He is a welder fabricator so can supply and cut your steel if necessary and has a large stock of Landy parts.

Gibbo103

• S2C Member
  • Hub seal tester
  • Member no : 5172
  • .:
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2020, 07:44:26 PM »

You could also try Charles Head in Tavistock St in Bletchley

w3526602

• S2C Member
  • Lord of the Bearings
  • Member no : 3779
  • .:
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2020, 04:20:15 PM »

Hi,

Thanks both. I will follow up on both, as and when we are are allowed to wander about.

Question 2. Is there a Marsland stockist in Milton Keynes? I do so miss SWANSEA 4X4.

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.039 seconds with 19 queries.