S2C Forum Archives

Advanced search  

News:

Our new forum is open for business:-  New Forum
To use the new forum you will need to re-register.

Please don't post anything on this forum.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Benefits advice. Probably very OT  (Read 988 times)

w3526602

• S2C Member
  • Lord of the Bearings
  • Member no : 3779
  • .:
Benefits advice. Probably very OT
« on: April 23, 2020, 11:45:01 AM »

Hi,

This is where I depart to the matrimonial dog house, but my philosophy  is "Don't ask, don't get!", while Barbara's attitude is "DO ask, don't deserve!"

Barbara has found she can access the Forum's PM system, via my account. I have no problem with that.  I cannot access my Emails, but she can, on her Kindle. Be careful what you say.

Right! It has reached the stage where she used her stick to get between the bed/armchair/WC and her wheelchair. The "privatish" clinic have now refused to operate unless she is walking. Those of you that have met her will be aware that she has other problems that make walking with two sticks, (or even,
 crutches, Zimmer, etc), nigh on impossible. She can still drive ... getting into her car is difficult, mind.

Her disabilities make her reluctant to make an exhibition of herself in a general ward.

I've looked into getting her a new car (auto) on the Motability Scheme, but it seems one needs to be receiving Disability Allowance to be eligible. Disability Allowance ceases at age 65, which she passed several years ago. (Her 70th birthday prezzy involved driving both a Ferrari and Aston Martin round Silverstone at 120mph. Married for 55 years and I still wake up screaming).

My question ... is there anybody here who knows more about the Benefits System than I can find on Google?  The Civil Service Health Providers (but private, £20 per month subs, which we still pay ... they paid for my new eyes) are now doing replacement knees, but at £7,5000 per knee. (Or £10,500 for non-members).

The DHSS was prepared to pay for her new knees at a local private clinic. Would they pay for Beneden (in Kent)?  ANY advice will be welcome.

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.054 seconds with 20 queries.