S2C Forum Archives

Advanced search  

News:

Our new forum is open for business:-  New Forum
To use the new forum you will need to re-register.

Please don't post anything on this forum.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: TOWING LIMITS ... sort of on topic.  (Read 880 times)

w3526602

• S2C Member
  • Lord of the Bearings
  • Member no : 3779
  • .:
TOWING LIMITS ... sort of on topic.
« on: May 08, 2020, 07:14:31 AM »

Hi,

Do a search for FEU254 LAND ROVER IMAGES Or better still, simply key it into the browser bar above (where it says series2club ....etc). Either should produce pictures of my first "new chassis" project .... a 1957 S1 body, on a Marsland S3 chassis, and S2 engine. The bulkhead was the first of my "home spun" efforts. (50x50x3mm RHS frame, clad in 3mm sheet ... heavy). I didn't (and still don't) trust my welding on anything thinner.

But I'm not here to talk about that.

Note the pictures of my cabin cruiser, a 29ft Norman GRP affair, sitting on a "convincing" trailer. The boat had a marinised Ford 1100cc engine, connected to a Zenith inboard/outdrive (heavy, looked like cast iron) ... and I've just realised that I forgot to drain the ballast (water), and petrol tanks. Ooops! It is possible that I was way over any recognised weight limits.

The S1 thingy could pull that at 50mph on the M4, without drama ... but anything faster, and things became very "vague".  :agh  The police car passed me without comment.  :whistle

w3526602

• S2C Member
  • Lord of the Bearings
  • Member no : 3779
  • .:
Re: TOWING LIMITS ... sort of on topic.
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2020, 07:25:32 AM »

Hi again,

While you are there, compare the S2/S3 front bumper on FEU, with front bumpers fitted to other S1s.

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.06 seconds with 19 queries.