S2C Forum Archives

Advanced search  

News:

Our new forum is open for business:-  New Forum
To use the new forum you will need to re-register.

Please don't post anything on this forum.

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Down

Author Topic: Please pull my plug!  (Read 13778 times)

Mr Pickles

• S2C Member
  • Chassis welder
  • Member no : 1446
  • .:
Re: Please pull my plug!
« Reply #60 on: September 04, 2019, 09:49:20 PM »

Pause while you visulise the scene.  :-[
Every student nurse on the ward came in to have a shuft, give me smile and a wave

I had a similar experience!
When I had a Vasectomy, I was an Un-diagnosed Haemophiliac!
My scrotum filled with blood and became the size of a Hedgehog! (Even more Hedgehog like, when the hair began to grow back!)
In A&E, they strapped my thighs together with 4inch wide sticking plaster and forced handfuls of cotton wool between the plasters and my swelling!
I was given a pain killing injection and admitted!
Over the next 3 days, to make sure my swelling wasn't getting any bigger, a nurse would check every couple of hours!
The strange thing was, it was a different nurse every time!  ??? ??? ??? ???
How can you get a comparison on one visit?

Mr. P

Ps. It was a good thing I wasn't diagnosed with Haemophilia at the time, as there was a lot of dodgy human blood products about!

w3526602

• S2C Member
  • Lord of the Bearings
  • Member no : 3779
  • .:
« Reply #61 on: September 05, 2019, 06:16:40 AM »

Hi Geoff,

On the rare occasions that members of the other gender "come onto me", Barbara stands back and laughs at my embarrassment. She will even nudge me, to draw my attention to young ladies that are exposing more than they realise. Doesn't everybody's SWMBO?

I wonder if the forums thought police will notice this ...

She once worked in Cherished Transfers, at DVLC. One evening, she asked what was wrong with giving somebody ...... No, I can't do it. Lets say the alphas made a three letter slang word, that meant the same as the double character numeric , that is often translated into French.

"You can't give him that!" I shrieked.

"That's exactly what my boss said. What's wrong with it?"

I explained, and she then understood what we were talking about. :-[  And she's the one with an A-level in English, and an A-level (fail grade) in French. I think she only took Welsh to O-level. She can understand the gist of what she hears and reads, and make herself understood.

w3526602

• S2C Member
  • Lord of the Bearings
  • .:
« Reply #62 on: September 05, 2019, 06:47:02 AM »

Hi,

Barbara actually filled in the Attendance Allowance Application last night. Things must be getting bad.

It's now my job to transcribe (transkey?) it onto the INTERACTIVE claims form.

Try ... https://www.pdffiller.com/22336947-fillable-aa1a-form-dwp-gov?gclid=EAIaIQobChMIpdGkuPu45AIVmIbVCh0PrgpiEAAYASAAEgLacfD_BwE

It's probably easier just to Google ATTENDANCE ALLOWANCE INTERACTIVE.

I hope that helps somebody.

Now the fun starts! Wilkie, come to Daddy ......

w3526602

• S2C Member
  • Lord of the Bearings
  • .:
« Reply #63 on: September 05, 2019, 07:11:59 AM »

Hi,

Wilkie is due a kicking.

I call up the ATTENDANCE ALLOWANCE INTERACTIVE CLAIM FORM, key the first two Alphas of my Post Code into the appropriate box .... and that's as far as I can get. Print the form, and complete in ink, it says.  :thud

Am I missing something? What's my next move?

Call in Age Concern ... but that will be another battle with Barbara.

Nil Ilegitimo Carburundum.

w3526602

• S2C Member
  • Lord of the Bearings
  • .:
« Reply #64 on: September 06, 2019, 05:57:45 AM »

Hi everybody,

To clarify ....

My request to have my "plug pulled" was genuine. And your reaction was tear-jerking. I'm not used to people talking to me like that. Thankyou!

BUT ....

Wittsend, you are the Web Master. You  have "executive authority", but are kind with it.  :first  I will still accept chastisement from YOU, if I over step the mark. As for everybody else? Friends can still insult me, no problem, but I don't know how to react to non-friends having a go at me. My first impulse is to hit back, and this forum is not the place for that.

Hmmm! I hope that comes across the way I meant it.

Thakyou!

TJRL

• S2C Member
  • Hub seal tester
  • Member no : 3529
  • .:
« Reply #65 on: September 06, 2019, 08:16:09 AM »

...  Wittsend, you are the Web Master. You  have "executive authority", but are kind with it.  :first  I will still accept chastisement from YOU, if I over step the mark. As for everybody else? Friends can still insult me, no problem, but I don't know how to react to non-friends having a go at me. ...

I'd agree with that!  :coffee
1960 SWB SW (11k since rebuild)
2010 Range Rover L322 (336k!)
2020 BMW R1250RT
2021 Triton ST-125 ("Monkey" Bike)

Porkscratching

• Master of the oils
  • .:
  • I know nothing!...nothing..!
« Reply #66 on: September 06, 2019, 09:28:42 AM »

I had a similar experience!
When I had a Vasectomy, I was an Un-diagnosed Haemophiliac!
My scrotum filled with blood and became the size of a Hedgehog! (Even more Hedgehog like, when the hair began to grow back!)
In A&E, they strapped my thighs together with 4inch wide sticking plaster and forced handfuls of cotton wool between the plasters and my swelling!
I was given a pain killing injection and admitted!
Over the next 3 days, to make sure my swelling wasn't getting any bigger, a nurse would check every couple of hours!
The strange thing was, it was a different nurse every time!  ??? ??? ??? ???
How can you get a comparison on one visit?

Mr. P

Ps. It was a good thing I wasn't diagnosed with Haemophilia at the time, as there was a lot of dodgy human blood products about!
I'm still wincing at that whole horrific tale !.... :agh

109+1

• S2C Member
  • Gear shifter
  • Member no : 3618
« Reply #67 on: September 06, 2019, 03:01:39 PM »

You can phone the dwp and ask for the forms to be sent to you, they take sometime to fill in lots of box ticking, if application successful then you should be able to apply for carers allowance.  :tiphat

Gylo

• S2C Member
  • Hub seal tester
  • Member no : 4368
  • .:
« Reply #68 on: September 06, 2019, 03:31:37 PM »

Hi,

Wilkie is due a kicking.

I call up the ATTENDANCE ALLOWANCE INTERACTIVE CLAIM FORM, key the first two Alphas of my Post Code into the appropriate box .... and that's as far as I can get. Print the form, and complete in ink, it says.  :thud

Am I missing something? What's my next move?

Call in Age Concern ... but that will be another battle with Barbara.

Nil Ilegitimo Carburundum.

Do you have a citizens advise bureau local to you? Contact them they will help.
Regards Gylo
1963 series 2a swb
1967 series 2a swb
1964 bsa

w3526602

• S2C Member
  • Lord of the Bearings
  • .:
« Reply #69 on: September 06, 2019, 03:57:55 PM »

Hi Porksctaching,

I'll see your op, and raise you my RAF Mucker's op. Let's see, how can I desribe it with be censored".

The RAF paid us married men living with our wives on Penang Island, silly amounts of money (Barbara saved more than I would have been paid in the UK, during the two years we were there). Single blokes living on camp got a meagre Overseas Allownce.

My mate was living with a local girl, paid her rent and housekeeping, about $M20 a month. So he decided to marry her, which was frowned upon by the RAF bosses, so he wanted to keep it secret.

First problem ... he had to convert to Islam, before the Penang Authorities would allow the marriage. He took instruction, and converted.

Next problem ... did he still have his"appendage", and if he did, he'd have to get rid of it. So he went to see the Quacks at Sick Bay. When asked why he vwanted this op, he said because it was "cleaner and heathier". Request denied, as that operation was no longer a "tribal custom" in UK nor OZ.

The local hospital would charge $M90 ... but he had to bring his own straw for bedding.  The posh hospital wanted $M900. Eventually he made contact with the local religius bloke wo would do it for $M9.

So he booked a couple of days leave, and presented himself  for treatment. He had to shower before the op, them be rubbed all over with lemon peel, as he would not be able to shower again for three days.

So, he's sitting there, waiting for the injection, when the religious bloke slaps two bits of bamboo together. He remember sliding up the wall ... but not sliding down.

He presented himself at sick-bay, and was kept in for two weeks. Nobody asked why he'd done it.

He got married, presented his application to live out, and receive Marriage Allowance, and all the other perks.

Consternation! He would normally have been shipped of to Gan Island, in the middle of the Indian Ocean. But there had been a similar case fairly recently, in Singapore, and when Hubby had managed to get back to Singapore, he found his wife was on "the game", he went onto the roof of a multi-storey barrack block, and jumped .... writing-off the CO's Standard Vanguard.

My mate applied for, and received permission to live out and draw all related allowances. His wife was lovely, got on well with Barbara, inviting each other to dinner, etc

He bought her a sewing machine, so she could earn a living, bought her father an outboard motor for his fishing boat, and arranged for the RAF medics to correct her son's scrotal hernia (it used to swell up like a balloon). She did not realise that he intended to return to UK on demob.

The day before he was due to return to UK, he did the "I divorce thee, I divorce thee, I divorce thee", bit, and dashed back to camp, where he was safe, flew out the following morning.

I cannot say that we liked what he did, but it was no longer any of my business.

w3526602

• S2C Member
  • Lord of the Bearings
  • .:
« Reply #70 on: September 06, 2019, 04:14:41 PM »

Hi m!09+!,

Thanks for that.

We already have an application form ... hardly the most user friendly forn to fill in. Its been many, many years since we've pushed pens in earnest. I believe that a well presented form helps them onto "your side".

We don't know our way round this strange town, or where to park. Barbara does have a Blue Badge, but I reckon it will take more than an hour to fill in the form ... even if copying the one we've scrawled on.

Barbara is reluctant to discuss intimate matter with strangers, particularly if they are young. (Difficult if you are buying a car) Her arm is her business, though of late, I have not had to nudge her into mentioning to medical professionals. She is only just coming to realise that most people will  help ... if they know there is a problem.

AGE CONCERN seem to indicate that they will visit us at home, to help fill in the form.

But thanks anyway

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Up

Page created in 0.058 seconds with 20 queries.