S2C Forum Archives

Advanced search  

News:

Our new forum is open for business:-  New Forum
To use the new forum you will need to re-register.

Please don't post anything on this forum.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Re: Non-polluting thoughts.  (Read 806 times)

w3526602

• S2C Member
  • Lord of the Bearings
  • Member no : 3779
  • .:
Re: Non-polluting thoughts.
« on: July 08, 2020, 06:30:43 PM »

Hi Alec,

One of the points you raised in your last mail rings a bell.

I live on the outskirts of the "City of the Motor Car".  My LA's stated policy on "Dropped Kerbs"  is that a property is allowed only one dropped kerb, and parking is not allowed within four metres of a dropped kerb. There is insufficient room between the dropped kerbs, for a vehicle to park without encroaching into a (both?) forbidden zone.

Yes, the houses have garages, and we all know what garages are used for. But even if his car was parked in the garage, he'd have to park her car (illegally) in the road while he extracts his ... and then park his car illegally in the road, while he puts her's back. The front gardens are barely deep enough to park a medium sized car on, nose in, there is no space to drive in and then across. I assume there is some cunning plan involved, but I can't work out what it is.  ???

I'm lucky, it would be inconvenient, but possible, to park maybe ten cars in my front garden, plus one in the garage. But an extra dropped kerb would be very useful for me.

What are our glorious leaders trying to achieve? Dunno! But I'll find out when the local election candidates come knocking on my door.

PS ... for those following my saga.  So far I have brimmed three green wheelie bins with my thorn hedge. One more bin should give me a totally clear frontage.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.059 seconds with 21 queries.