S2C Forum Archives

Advanced search  

News:

Our new forum is open for business:-  New Forum
To use the new forum you will need to re-register.

Please don't post anything on this forum.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Re: Merlins  (Read 890 times)

w3526602

• S2C Member
  • Lord of the Bearings
  • Member no : 3779
  • .:
Re: Merlins
« on: October 28, 2020, 07:00:06 AM »

Hi,

I love you all, too!  :neener

I don't have time to think Land Rover ... I'm currently campaigning against the LA's decision that Barbara does not need a Disabled Facilities Grant, but they haven't said why. Mention of the Disabled Law Service seems to have concentrated their minds ... they have asked me for details of the DLS website.

I timed Barbara from sitting in her armchair to sitting on the porcelain throne. Six minutes to travel six metres, but that was in her hand propelled foot shuffled wheel chair. It's quicker in her electric buggy. But whichever chair she uses, it prevents the bathroom door from being closed. (Will all visitors please leave the building). The bathroom door is opposite the lounge/diner door (bungalow).

We appear to have a wheel-chair accessible shower. Wrong! The gap between the porcelain throne and the glass wall of the shower, is "just not quite too wide enough" for a wheel chair. Barbara CAN NOT WALK. If she falls, we just phone for an ambulance ... they carry an inflatable chair ... and they say we are right to call them.

We have already had the door into the lounge/diner changed to 4ft wide "french windows* to get rid of the zig-zag across the hall. French windows cost £400. We find it it difficult to get our builder to "present his account", but three days at £300/day is easy to calculate. That work has been done, so won't be considered by the Grant Gnomes.

The Omsbudsman is particularly keen on disabled occupants having decent toilet facilities ... but it appears to take about a year to get a ruling.

If anybody would like to learn about my researches so far, feel free to PM me. Tell me about your experiences.

Peter Holden

• S2C Vehicle Registration Officer
  • Director
  • Lord of the Bearings
  • Member no : 4528
  • .:
  • Peter Holden
Re: Re: Merlins
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2020, 07:07:28 AM »

John, have you invited your MP for a socially distanced cuppa so that he can see?

Peter
A Yorkshireman on missionary duty in Lancashire

w3526602

• S2C Member
  • Lord of the Bearings
  • Member no : 3779
  • .:
Re: Merlins
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2020, 07:29:43 PM »

Hi Peter,

Our MP is Iain Stewart. I dropped him a line (can't remember what about) when we first moved here about two years ago. He knocked on our door the following evening. A lovely bloke!

Unfortunately, he has been promoted (?) to Party Whip, which I think means he is required full time at Westminster.

We covered that situation at Tech College, nearly 60 years ago. His local duties will be delegated to a neighbouring MP (of the same party), but I can understand them not being as enthusiastic. I am trying to identify the Tory candidate who did not win the seat at the last Council elections.

I'd join the party, but I don't think I'd pass muster in the local club ... they expect you to wear a shirt that could be worn with a tie.  :thud  I last wore a suit to my daughters wedding, 20+ years ago

Nowadays it's jeans T-shirt, jumper, and welly boots.  My mate, Stan, ran a trekking centre in Swansea, could turn out 50+ horses, owned 700 acres before he bought the adjacent golf club. He used to lead the trek wearing jeans and wellies, riding bare-back. I took Barbara along one Sunday afternoon. Stan humped her up onto a 15hh nag, told us to break away from the main party, make our own way round. Smashing bloke!

Barbara managed the full three hours, but said "Never again!"

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.042 seconds with 21 queries.