S2C Forum Archives

Advanced search  

News:

Our new forum is open for business:-  New Forum
To use the new forum you will need to re-register.

Please don't post anything on this forum.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Woe is me!  (Read 1139 times)

w3526602

• S2C Member
  • Lord of the Bearings
  • Member no : 3779
  • .:
Woe is me!
« on: June 24, 2021, 06:46:35 AM »

Hi,

Oops! I slipped in my mud, landed without bouncing. I think I've broken my elbow, so I've ceased digging for a spell. Luckily, my daughters friend's, husband, who is also in Finance, but used to be a "navigator", came along and shovelled a couple of tons into the skip yesterday. He says he'll come back today, and do some more.

His daughter is a First Aider at SANTANDAR, and is keeping an eye on my elbow. She has already wrapped it in a posh "elbow corset".

I didn't feel up to driving yesterday, but maybe today, or tomorrow. It still hurts, but I can move it now.

Watch this space.

PS. Alan, do you know the diameter of an S2 cluth slave cylinder?

waswwwkily, my daughter's friend's husband (also in Financell llll

Wittsend

• Administrator
  • Lord of the Bearings
  • .:
Re: Woe is me!
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2021, 08:21:08 AM »

Sorry to hear of your accident - your ought to have it X-ray'd
Take it easy .....

The bore diameter of the clutch slave cylinder is ⅞"

Attached is a table of all the hydraulic cylinders in the brake & clutch systems on the Series 2/2As.

Who's a then ?

mrutty

• S2C Member
  • Hub seal tester
  • Member no : 6626
  • .:
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2021, 09:04:18 AM »

Get to A&E!

Broke my wrist a few months back and on initial break I though 'oh not too bad', when A&E x-rayed it was a really bad break and I'm still in recovery.

Genem

• Lord of the Bearings
  • Member no : 4186
  • .:
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2021, 09:23:43 AM »

Get your backside down to A&E.  You are no longer 23.

:tiphat
I'm not totally daft, some bits are missing

Peter Holden

• S2C Vehicle Registration Officer
  • Director
  • Lord of the Bearings
  • Member no : 4528
  • .:
  • Peter Holden
« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2021, 09:41:22 AM »

I would second that, elbows are funny joints at the best of times.

Peter
A Yorkshireman on missionary duty in Lancashire

kev

• S2C Member
  • Master of the oils
  • Member no : 6287
  • .:
  • Blah, blah, blah...
« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2021, 11:12:10 AM »

^^^ ISWYDT. :-X

w3526602

• S2C Member
  • Lord of the Bearings
  • .:
« Reply #6 on: June 29, 2021, 06:11:14 AM »

Hi,

Thanks for interest and advice.

Black bruise extends from my wrist to nearly my elbow, halfway round my forearm, Perhaps more worryingly, I can lift my arm to just above shoulder height, but if I try to go further ... it just drops, like somebody turned the switch off. ???

Yes, I went to A&E, had an X-ray. Nothing broken, so they lost interest.

I used the Freelander to get the Saturday newspapers (Telegraph and Mail) found difficulty in getting into second gear ... no strength in that particular direction.

Whatever, friends and neighbours have "brimmed" the 6 cubic yard skip, with virtually only dregs left  to clear.  An "ill wind" and all that.  :cheers

I agree about the "age"  thing. I no longer bounce. Previous experiences include diving into "knee deep" water ... it should have been ten feet deep. But it was the second dive that broke my nose. I didn't bother having it seen to. And then there was when I brought my my six months old filly foal down to the garden, to wean her off her mother.  Only a baby, but I couldn't hold her on a head collar and leading rope. Broken collar bone. The hospital gave me a bit of bandage to use as a sling. No sympathy there, then. Age 16, riding my bike (probably 30mph plus), I looked over my shoulder. When I looked back, there was a lamp post about three feet in front of me. I have no recollection of the actual collision, but I do remember my feet being six inches apart when my knees were touching. Fractured lower epithisis (sp?) of left left femur. Two months in Lloyd Ward, Croydon General. Most of the nurses were students.  :first

Happy daze!

w3526602

• S2C Member
  • Lord of the Bearings
  • .:
« Reply #7 on: June 30, 2021, 12:13:47 PM »

Hi,

I forgot to mention that I was in hospital over Xmas, mistletoe, etc. Adult ward full of student nurses.

"Rites of Passage", etc. :cheers    I wonder what happened to Rita P?  I heard she emigrated to New Zealand. My enema was a "first" for both of us. OK ... too much detail. Being in a "hip spiker" ...  fractured femur ... and they had to immobilise two joints, and somebody thought my knee and ankle were sufficient. Wrong!  They laid me across the bed, naked apart from the original plaster from upper thigh to big toe. Pyjama jacket rolled up to my arm-pits ... and my bum lifted up onto an enamel basin, so they could access underneath, and started rolling bandages around my left thigh, hips and lower abdomen ...  STOP LAUGHING ... followed by smearing on the Plaster of Paris. Every student nurse came along to see how it was done.

:-[ :-[ :-[

Everything between my belly button and left big toe was encased in plaster. I spent two months in hospital. I enjoyed every minute ... once the concussion had worn off. I have little memory of the first week.

The RAF Ground Defence trainers taught us that a broken femur usually renders the patient unconscious. I cannot argue with that.

Oh yes, I do remember the Ward Sister wielding a cut-throat razor, before I was sent down to theatre, but I had other things on my mind.

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.06 seconds with 21 queries.