S2C Forum Archives

Advanced search  

News:

Our new forum is open for business:-  New Forum
To use the new forum you will need to re-register.

Please don't post anything on this forum.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Exmoor Trim  (Read 2223 times)

A-Ro

• S2C Member
  • Master of the oils
  • Member no : 1998
  • .:
Exmoor Trim
« on: March 10, 2021, 06:21:07 PM »

Now I like a good puzzle but I’m afraid the Exmoor Trim website has me stumped. I’m trying to get in touch with them to see if I can purchase only the armrest for a Series IIa 109 Station Wagon and I’m using their contact page but when I hit submit it says I’ve failed the Captcha test, the only thing is there isn’t a Captcha button or option that I can see and I’ve tried it on two different devices.

Does anyone know the answer to this riddle?
When designing something to be foolproof never underestimate the ingenuity of fools.

Alan Drover

• S2C Member
  • Lord of the Bearings
  • Member no : 7511
  • .:
Re: Exmoor Trim
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2021, 07:12:55 PM »

Have you tried telephoning them on 01984 635060?
Series 3 owner but interested in all Land Rovers.
'Being born was my first big mistake!'

diffwhine

• Acting Chairman
  • Director
  • Lord of the Bearings
  • Member no : 6762
  • .:
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2021, 07:15:21 PM »

Give up!

Email them on [email protected] or give them a bell. I just had to do a Captcha jobbie for my daughter's school COVID test submission. It kept asking me how many bicycles I could see in a series of squares. I had to try 5 times before it would accept my submission.

Earlier today I was deleting some lines from a Paddocks order in my basket when it suddenly shut me out completely. It kept asking me to prove I was a human by entering some letters from a distorted box on the screen. Try as hard as I could no joy. I ended up clearing all the website cookies and that was the only way I could get back onto the site.

I hate technology sometimes!
1965 88" Station Wagon
1968 Rover 1 Air Portable

Wittsend

• Administrator
  • Lord of the Bearings
  • .:
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2021, 07:36:14 PM »

People who use these Captcha think they are smart and protecting their site when in reality they put people off.

I prefer the text message code or email code method, it's pretty instant - tap it in and away you go.

Or, you could try the 5 forum registration questions  :thud
Who's a then ?

A-Ro

• S2C Member
  • Master of the oils
  • .:
« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2021, 08:26:25 PM »

Have you tried telephoning them on 01984 635060?

No but I will tomorrow, thank you.

LN11AAB498A

• S2C Member
  • Master of the oils
  • Member no : 7099
  • .:
  • 2A or not 2A that is the question Will Shakespeare
« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2021, 09:12:43 PM »

Give up!

Email them on [email protected] or give them a bell. I just had to do a Captcha jobbie for my daughter's school COVID test submission. It kept asking me how many bicycles I could see in a series of squares. I had to try 5 times before it would accept my submission.

Earlier today I was deleting some lines from a Paddocks order in my basket when it suddenly shut me out completely. It kept asking me to prove I was a human by entering some letters from a distorted box on the screen. Try as hard as I could no joy. I ended up clearing all the website cookies and that was the only way I could get back onto the site.

I hate technology sometimes!

Haven't we`ve all been there  >:D and it`s he same on the phone, long recorded intro`s, select from one of the following 155 options press 1 for ... press 2 for ... waiting & waiting while listening to *&%^$ music interrupted by regular "Your call is important to us" bla bla bloo*y bla.

You hate technology sometimes? maybe we love our Landy's because they don't have any. Lets just be glad we don't have a LR P38  :agh
 :grinder
Fred

Blessed are they who endure life with a silly name

diffwhine

• Acting Chairman
  • Director
  • Lord of the Bearings
  • Member no : 6762
  • .:
« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2021, 09:48:55 PM »

Mr Moderator! Please take action... Somebody has mentioned a P38A on this forum... Can't that be cited as unreasonable behaviour?

Actually, having owned 32 Range Rover Classics and 2 P38As, they aren't all bad. Compared to my Discovery 3, they are a walk in the park. At least most of a P38A is repairable - unlike my Discovery... Fair point though - I've worked with all ages of LR including many new ones and I still love the ease of repair of these early ones - it just makes the job more satisfying.

A-Ro

• S2C Member
  • Master of the oils
  • .:
« Reply #7 on: March 16, 2021, 05:54:23 AM »

I phoned Exmoor as advised and they told me that they would not supply just the arm rest because they would be left with the rest of the door trim that they could never hope to sell which I understand. After a couple of days researching alternatives I headed back to Exmoor and decided to bite the bullet and purchase the whole door trim for £49.60 as advertised. I tried to order the item but when I hit the select button which I assumed would be to select driver or passenger door it turned out to be with or without pockets and only for the whole car. I emailed them regarding this apparent issue with the website only to be told that they are now only selling whole car sets. I’m now thinking I might try and repair the old armrest with a new sheet of metal and some less than slick needlework.

Craig T

• Director
  • Lord of the Bearings
  • Member no : 6454
  • .:
  • 1967 109" Station Wagon, 1955 86" Station Wagon
« Reply #8 on: March 16, 2021, 08:57:37 AM »

Have you got a picture of what you have and what colour is it, grey or black?

Craig.

A-Ro

• S2C Member
  • Master of the oils
  • .:
« Reply #9 on: March 16, 2021, 11:33:11 AM »

This is the best I can do at the moment because she is away getting a new fuel tank. It is the passenger door that has broken, the upper piece of metal by the door latch has snapped. It is black vinyl.

A-Ro

• S2C Member
  • Master of the oils
  • .:
« Reply #10 on: March 31, 2021, 06:44:59 PM »

Today I manages to repair the broken armrest by fabricating a repair section from a piece of Lidl supplied repair metal and pop riveting it to the existing metalwork, it seems to be fine.

Leon

• Hub seal tester
  • .:
« Reply #11 on: April 20, 2021, 04:31:50 AM »

A agree that their web site is very 'unfriendly' compared with their old site of a few years ago.
Also I tried to order a pair of Elephant Hide front door cards, but the only ones that they could provide was the S3 type with the longer cutout for the door stop tie rod. As per the pic on their website; https://www.exmoortrim.co.uk/front-door-trim-elephant-hide-grey.html
I tried to explain to them that E H was only fitted to S2-2A's, their reply was;
 'Sadly all of our door card materials are pre cut also such as the metal work and wood profiles as such changes to this for a single would not be feasible for us at current. I can only apologies for this'
Other problems with their door cards is that they are secured with screws, not the correct 'spring clips'
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Land-Rover-Series-2-2a-3-Station-Wagon-Door-Trim-Card-Pads-Retaining-Clips-x10/283118987246?hash=item41eb34e7ee:g:ImIAAOSwiYlaFWov

112602729 Fire Tender
112801540 Hard Top
28700207A 1963 2a Forward Control
1992 D90 Tdi
1993 R-R Tdi
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.032 seconds with 21 queries.