S2C Forum Archives

Advanced search  

News:

Our new forum is open for business:-  New Forum
To use the new forum you will need to re-register.

Please don't post anything on this forum.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down

Author Topic: Bristol Diesel Ban , the thin end of the wedge ?  (Read 9666 times)

Porkscratching

• Master of the oils
  • .:
  • I know nothing!...nothing..!
Re: Bristol Diesel Ban , the thin end of the wedge ?
« Reply #45 on: November 02, 2019, 09:02:39 AM »

Having had much experience with horses in the past, I reckon i could do the "horse and cart" thing,  ( when the powers that be have legislated us right back to the level of medieval type serfdom)..... :shakeinghead

Wittsend

• Administrator
  • Lord of the Bearings
  • .:
« Reply #46 on: November 02, 2019, 09:22:25 AM »

It is gesture politics ...

Anything the 80 million Brits do - going back to living in caves, no electricity, no transport, no shops, no plastic will NOT make one scrap of difference to the net global warming - set against a global population of Billions  :shakeinghead

However  :-\
The subject of this topic is to reduce the localised pollution from "dirty diesels" in a city centre and this has some merit.

Diesels can be made to run a lot, lot cleaner with LPG fumigation and exhaust filters (better than they have now) and probably other technology - but no one seems that interested in the rush to electric powered vehicles.

Quite how the demand for extra electricity is going to be meet I'm not sure/convinced. Generating electricity is going to produce pollution somewhere ???

Who's a then ?

Porkscratching

• Master of the oils
  • .:
  • I know nothing!...nothing..!
« Reply #47 on: November 02, 2019, 10:27:47 AM »

Of course it's 100% gesture politics...just so the international politician's old boys club can pat each other on the back, (and vote themselves another  pay rise of course..)
.. while the population (us) have ever more of our free choice removed,  and be further insulted by telling us they're doing us a favour..... :shakeinghead

Growler

• S2C Member
  • Chassis welder
  • Member no : 6625
  • .:
« Reply #48 on: November 02, 2019, 11:14:09 AM »

……..and of course, raising the price of diesel and petrol until none but the very rich can afford to run an ICE vehicle.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up

Page created in 0.036 seconds with 18 queries.