S2C Forum Archives

Advanced search  

News:

Our new forum is open for business:-  New Forum
To use the new forum you will need to re-register.

Please don't post anything on this forum.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Score, Moose:1 Me:0  (Read 3256 times)

RobS

• S2C Member
  • Master of the oils
  • Member no : 6572
  • .:
Re: Score, Moose:1 Me:0
« Reply #15 on: November 05, 2019, 06:38:30 AM »

I followed some advice from a gentleman here and found a pair of wings, they're in beautiful shape (I shudder to anticipate his price!) but come from a 109. 

Sunny Jim said they can go on, but will leave a gap.  I assume you mean the inner surface, so water from the tires will get into the engine bay?  Can you draw a mental picture for me to get an idea of what gap you mean?
He's talking about the gap between the inner lower wing (as seen in the below photo) and the chassis rail, it will be around an 1" bigger than normal, so you will get potentially more water / dirt into the engine bay.

Porkscratching

• Master of the oils
  • .:
  • I know nothing!...nothing..!
« Reply #16 on: November 05, 2019, 08:35:20 AM »

Tbh, and given your location and difficulty with parts, I'd grab them!.
Having swapped and changed many LR parts in the past, the difference is minimal, not externally visible, and won't make a hap'orth of difference in real practical life imho...  ;)

nanuq

« Reply #17 on: November 05, 2019, 05:46:37 PM »

Soooooooooo, RobS ... lovely wing you have there, and it already matches my color scheme!

:o

w3526602

• S2C Member
  • Lord of the Bearings
  • Member no : 3779
  • .:
« Reply #18 on: November 05, 2019, 07:00:50 PM »

Hi Nanook,

Barbara was driving us home ... I wasn't paying attention.

Barbara uttered a "mighty oath". I looked to the front ... the car in front had stopped, and there was a tarpaulin thingy floating over it's roof.

The tarpaulin landed on the road behind the car, Barbara braked hard. The tarpaulin stood up, had a shake, then trotted across the road, and down a lane ... with me in pursuit.  It was a pony, about 12hh, standing by a gate, completely unconcerned. I opened the gate, let him into the field.

Got back to the road. The driver of the other car was bemoaning the stoved-in front of his car.

Darned tough little critters these Welsh ponies. But not as tough as Welsh women ... has nobody yet Googled "JEMINA THE GREAT".

She sorted out the last foreign army to land on British soil. To be pedantic, it was Welsh soil.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Page created in 0.045 seconds with 20 queries.