S2C Forum Archives

Advanced search  

News:

Our new forum is open for business:-  New Forum
To use the new forum you will need to re-register.

Please don't post anything on this forum.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Nice S3 station wagon on “ Car and Classic “ , only got 3 hours to go now  (Read 432 times)

Betsy1969

• S2C Member
  • Master of the oils
  • Member no : 5469
  • .:

Sorry not S2 but close. It looks like an unmolested S3 station wagon with almost everything there except the correct wheels . Currently at £6000

Might interest somebody here

Regards Andy

Mycroft

Here's the link if anyone else is interested:

https://www.carandclassic.com/auctions/1973-land-rover-series-iii-109-safari-nYrll4

Isn't it missing door cards? Not sure 'unmolested is quite the right word here!

Here's another that caught my eye, a IIa 88" that ends in 2 days. Always good to see the correct tailgate on these:

https://www.carandclassic.com/auctions/1965-land-rover-series-2a-gzWOdn

diffwhine

• Acting Chairman
  • Director
  • Lord of the Bearings
  • Member no : 6762
  • .:

Smart old 2A, but methinks more molested than they are describing. For a start its got a later bulkhead, wiper rack and a black instrument panel.
1965 88" Station Wagon
1968 Rover 1 Air Portable

Mycroft

Smart old 2A, but methinks more molested than they are describing. For a start its got a later bulkhead, wiper rack and a black instrument panel.

Quite. Still, at £4.5k one can overlook one or two things, even the oddly uncentred S3 doortops.

There was a chap restoring a mid-60s truck on the FB group yesterday with a black dash and a banjo steering wheel. My inner rivet counter was well and truly triggered, but I managed to refrain from diving in with my size 10s - for once.

nathanglasgow

• S2C Member
  • Grand master of the oils
  • Member no : 5123
  • .:

Military wings and a later style rad panel too. More of a Bitsa than an unmolested example but a solid buy at £4500
1967 Rover 10(ex mil 2a swb)
1970 lwb  ex Singer sewing machine factory Clydebank fire appliance

Mycroft

Military wings and a later style rad panel too. More of a Bitsa than an unmolested example but a solid buy at £4500

Quite. It's been well and truly prepped to sell, but quite the Bitsa underneath.

The 109" SW went for £6.5k in the end. What do we think of that, I wonder? Seems fairly cheap, but I must admit I didn't get past the first hundred or so exterior shots.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.043 seconds with 20 queries.