S2C Forum Archives

Advanced search  

News:

Our new forum is open for business:-  New Forum
To use the new forum you will need to re-register.

Please don't post anything on this forum.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: OT ... unless you pull a horse box trailer ... and Wittsend consents?  (Read 736 times)

w3526602

• S2C Member
  • Lord of the Bearings
  • Member no : 3779
  • .:

Hi,

Some fifty years ago, I watched a program on TV ... called either RUNNING FREE, or RUNNING WILD, or something like that.

It was about rehabilitating young offenders in Arizona.

Each offender was given a mustang ... straight off the Arizona prairie.  :agh  (Horses are ....... big animals, until you get used to them!  Try arguing the toss with an entire Shetland stallion). Entire means he is still all there). Barbara drove a borrowed Cortina Estate, while I sat in the back with "Horrible Hector", who stamped his feet and screamed in her ear. Just mention the incident, and watch the hair on the back of her head stand up. (She still loves me).

Whatever, I've just managed to Google a film called The Mustang ... which is not available in UK. Doh!  However,  Google directed me to the trailer .....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k2a-KSOCIeY

Doh! This film is set in an "adult" House of Correction, and the trailer doesn't show much man-horse inter-action.

Can anybody suggest how to find the YOUNG OFFENDERS version ... after which I will have to find a way of playing it on UK video player.

I won't be offended if Alan deletes this mail.

PS, I took some lessons at the Pant-y-Sais stables near Swansea. The proprietor's daughter put me up on her own 16.2 hunter. So there I was cantering round the menage (?), when the nag diverted, and lined up on a jump (we hadn't done jumping yet) ...

"You sod!" I said, rather crossly ... and he stopped dead, just before the jump. I slid over the saddle's pommel, down his neck, over his head ... and finished up sitting on the top rail of the jump.

"That will teach you to swear at my horse!"
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.026 seconds with 16 queries.