S2C Forum Archives

Advanced search  

News:

Our new forum is open for business:-  New Forum
To use the new forum you will need to re-register.

Please don't post anything on this forum.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Important Forum News  (Read 902 times)

Wittsend

• Administrator
  • Lord of the Bearings
  • .:
Important Forum News
« on: July 04, 2023, 06:30:08 PM »

As you have probably realised the migration of this forum to the new server hasn't worked.

This version of the forum won't run under PHP8.0 and the smf version we are at can not be upgraded.

We have a sick forum with several key functions not working ... we can limp along for a few days whilst a new forum is set up.

The new forum will require you to re-register and it won't quite look the same as this.
It will take you a while to get use to it.

The new forum will be more compatible and viewable on mobile devices which is something some wanted

When I have something working I'll invite you all to register and we can develop the new forum as we go along.

It is our intention to keep this forum running as a read only archive so posts made over the past 5 years won't be totally lost.

:snowman-1
Who's a then ?

diffwhine

• Acting Chairman
  • Director
  • Lord of the Bearings
  • Member no : 6762
  • .:
Re: Important Forum News
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2023, 06:46:28 PM »

Alan,
I think I speak for everyone who uses this forum in thanking you and your elves for the enormous amount of time and effort that I know has gone into trying to address the forum upgrades over recent weeks. If its not upgradable, so be it and it was definitely worth the effort to try and get it to work.

If this remains as a read only reference source, that will be great. As a Board, we may look at our options for how best to make this as accessible as possible for the future, but lets look forward to a new system as part of our general IT review and upgrades which we all recognise need addressing.

I'm sure we can muddle through until the replacement arrives, but in the meantime, aside from thanking you, I am sure you would appreciate a bit of patience and understanding while the new system is developed, brought on line and tested.
1965 88" Station Wagon
1968 Rover 1 Air Portable

Wittsend

• Administrator
  • Lord of the Bearings
  • .:
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2023, 10:08:12 PM »

I have a brand new forum in place, up and working.

I just need to add some structure - setting up different board categories and member groups.

:geek

Wittsend

• Administrator
  • Lord of the Bearings
  • .:
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2023, 11:14:19 AM »

Our new forum is now live !

You can find it here:-
https://www.series2club.co.uk/2023_new_forum/index.php

Bookmark this link and add it to your favourites in your browser.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.052 seconds with 21 queries.